Vewd TV Apps, (For SONY and other TVs)

mickey1990

romaing

It works also through url loader on opéra 9.80 presto 2.12.407 version/12.50 modèle Sony xbr 55x850b but i have some issues with navigation and or sizing. I czn load movie but Main display does not work properly. I can navigate on my movie list. I navigate Blindly...but movie works fine

romaing

And it works fine on Sony kdl48w650d through url loader and agent info is mozilla 5.0 applewebkit 537.36 chrome 42.0.2311.152 safari 537.36 opr 29.0.1803.0

For your information :-)

Hopes it could help somewhere. :-):-)

• 4 months later...

Is development on this still ongoing?

In general, how old a Sony tv with Opera tv is supported? Want to hook a friend of mine up, he has a 2012 model that can open the Plex app, but won't play anything (2012 models are officially not supported so makes sense).

Would be great if I can help him with Emby :)

AdamBearWA
I just tried this on my Sony TV and the results aren't that great.

​Opera/9.80 (LINUX ARMV7L; OPERA TV STORE/6222) PRESTO/2.12.407 VERSION/12.50 MODEL/SONY-KDL-60W850B SONYCEBROWSER/1.0 (KDL-60W850B; CTV/PKG3.001GAA; AUS)

On the TV:

5869229fc632b_20170101_231705_600px.jpg

In Emby Theatre on my PC:

586922b8acdb3_Untitled.png

Does anything play at all? I will try it myself with an older model, but don't have high hopes. Tried the Samsung tv app earlier today, that is in a terrible state as well.

Would be great if a simple but working app could be created for Opera tv.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

Tried the Samsung tv app earlier today, that is in a terrible state as well.

@@Scr3w, what does that mean?  People do actually work hard on that app so please try to provide useful information. thanks !

Fyi, if you want to test, the loader url that you should be using has changed. It is now

http://operatv.emby.media

Thanks.

@@Luke I realize that people work hard on the apps, and the effort is appreciated. Hoever, I have the feeling that more quantity than quality is being released, perhaps to show how broadly Emby is supported.

Regarding the Samsung app (tested on a 2014 model), it simply doesn't load the main menu/index (screen stays grey after login). Might be bad luck on the model, but my point is that having a couple of systems supported properly is better than a lot more that users experience as poor (most users will look at Plex or something and never look back).

Thanks for the updated link for Operatv, for updates like that, is this the main topic to watch? I will test it this week and post my results here.

Tizen devices wiki says 2015 models onwards are Tizen, so this one is not I guess. Menu felt a whole lot like it though...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

And as it turns out, sony bravia's are the last devices holding us up in the review process.

• Like 1

BrettDioson

By the way, just for grins I also just tried it on my TiVo Romio and it looks pretty much the same. Would be great to get that to work.

post-39493-0-98251200-1483593885_thumb.jpg

post-39493-0-24241900-1483594091_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The layout problems on Sony Bravia's should be resolved now. I am guessing that will probably also resolve Tivo. please try again. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
BrettDioson

Sorry for the delay. Layout looks quite a bit better. Still some overlap and spacing issues with "next up" and "latest" episodes. Image attached.

post-39493-0-72494400-1485711126_thumb.jpg

post-39493-0-57376600-1485711143_thumb.jpg