Vewd TV Apps, (For SONY and other TVs)

mickey1990

kaufhauslicht

Hi,

even if the emby app is not accepted in the Vewd Store, could using side-load an option for an "unofficial" emby app? According to this blog post (Link) side-loading is working with plex. Therefore, I suppose that the biggest and (much better) plex competitor gets it too and maybe even a full working, regular app ;).

• 4 weeks later...
Farrock@2020

I do not see the Emby app in the TiVo Vewd app. Can the Emby app be “side-loaded” into TiVo? Do you have a link for this? Thank you.

I do not see the Emby app in the TiVo Vewd app. Can the Emby app be “side-loaded” into TiVo? Do you have a link for this? Thank you.

Yes, you have to use the vewd loader app to load http://operatv.emby.media

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
JerryPenguin

Hi,

I've just bought a new Panasonic TV (2018 model) and join the desire for an EMBY app for the Panasonic Viera Smart TV Store.

It would be a shame if I only had to buy, configure and connect another BOX to access my EMBY server.

Many thanks

Edited by JerryPenguin

• 1 month later...

I too have got a 2019 Panasonic Tv and emby is not in the TV app market. Any chance to have it?

Thank you.

We have submitted requests to Panasonic in the past and haven't heard back. Perhaps voice your feedback to them on Twitter about it.

• Like 1

We have submitted requests to Panasonic in the past and haven't heard back. Perhaps voice your feedback to them on Twitter about it.

I have done it on twitter. What a pity with Panasonic.

• Like 1

this is the tweet and the reply from Panasonic UK Service:

Why Panasonic TVs do not offer Emby app in theri app market? Emby server is becoming more widespread than Plex and thousands of Panasonic customers cannot enjoy it. Thank you.
sab 2:04 PM

8ff538c72e9db146fdceb97b240212a2_normal.

Hi Armando, Servers such as Emby typically offer very low-quality streams/content, and so we do not recommend their use, and have no plans to introduce an app to support this. There is plenty of high-quality content available through products such as Blu-Ray or Sky Q, which will make the most of your TVs capabilities. Kind Regards, Jordan Online Support Team

this is the tweet and the reply from Panasonic UK Service:

Why Panasonic TVs do not offer Emby app in theri app market? Emby server is becoming more widespread than Plex and thousands of Panasonic customers cannot enjoy it. Thank you.
sab 2:04 PM

Hi Armando, Servers such as Emby typically offer very low-quality streams/content, and so we do not recommend their use, and have no plans to introduce an app to support this. There is plenty of high-quality content available through products such as Blu-Ray or Sky Q, which will make the most of your TVs capabilities. Kind Regards, Jordan Online Support Team

Wow.  That shows a complete lack of understanding of what we actually are :).

Would you mind responding that Emby serves YOUR OWN local content so the quality is actually extremely high?

Wow.  That shows a complete lack of understanding of what we actually are :).

Would you mind responding that Emby serves YOUR OWN local content so the quality is actually extremely high?

My reply to Panasonic:

Sorry, I do not abree with your statements.
2:59 PM
I use Emby server and app on my Lg Oled TV and the quality is absolutely amazing streaming my own local contents. Really better than Sky Q , netflix and others. Why I cannot use my Panasonic 2019 model with Emby app? Plex app is supported in Panasonic TVs, why Emby is not supported??
  • Like 1

Panasonic UK Service reply:

Hi Armando, I am sorry that you disagree. Unfortunately, I can only reiterate that Panasonic have found the quality of such apps to be poor, and we are therefore not currently considering adding Emby to the Apps Market. I apologise for any disappointment that this news may cause. Kind Regards, Jordan Online Support Team

Thanks for trying.  I'm afraid the real answer is that we offer no real business opportunity for them.

• Like 1

And this is the last comment from me and their last reply:

Out of curiosity, can you explain why Panasanic supports Plex app? Streaming quality is equal or may be worse than Emby app. Please give a clear answer. Thanks

Hi Armando, Plex was added to our TVs after considerable market research, customer feedback and testing by our factory to ensure quality and compatibility. I understand that you are frustrated that Emby is not available for your TV, however, I can only reiterate that there are no plans to introduce this app, and Panasonic cannot, therefore, comment further on the matter. Once again, I apologise for any disappointment caused. Kind Regards, Jordan Online Support Team

I decided to add an Amazon Firestick TV 4K which has implemented an excellent Emby app.
Thank you guys and keep the good work on Emby.

• 4 weeks later...
davide999

Added my voice to the call to Panasonic to join the real world stating clearly that it would influence my imminent choice of new tv. Didn't expect anymore than I got but it should add to their feedback:

"Panasonic market has a range of products to suit the majority of customers’ needs. The decision as to the attributes of those products is based on extensive market research.

As I am sure you can appreciate, the development of new and existing products is an extremely complex process; which takes into account customer feedback and technical considerations and limitations.

Regrettably, as I am sure you can appreciate, it is not possible to tailor products to suit specific individual needs and decisions must be made on a range that will meet the majority of requirements.

I am very sorry for the disappointment that this situation may have caused you. However, please feel confident that we are continually trying to meet the demands of our customers and as such the inclusion of this feature cannot be ruled out for future models."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I've also been trying to get the Emby App running on a TiVo Roamio.  I brought up Vewd on the TiVo and entered "http://operatv.emby.media". That brought up the Emby app and gave me a pin.  I entered the pin on "https://emby.media/pin.html" and that worked as well.  That brought me to the "Select Server" screen.  The screen looked good and had my server listed.  I selected my server and nothing happens.  It just sits there on the Select Server screen.  I also tried the same sequence on on a TiVo Mini and got the same result.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Update...  It started working on the TiVo after completely exiting from the app and then coming back in a second time.  I tried playing my first movie and am having a problem with choppy audio.  It mostly works with occasional slight drops.  The video looks good.

Another Update: The UI seems to work well.  The first movie mostly working turned out to be just luck of the draw.  Pretty much everything else I tried (including recorded TV) failed – usually no sound or sometimes no video.  I tried dropping the data rate to force transcoding but that just resulted in blank screens/no sound.  Some older video from a High-8 camera that I digitized was the only thing that played cleanly.

I’ll do more detailed testing/documenting this weekend, but it looks like the server isn’t transcoding into a format the TiVo can handle.

• 2 months later...
PelisTop

Hola alguien puede subir su aplicación de Emby a este sitio https://www.vewd.com/ es que subiendo su aplicación a este sitio podrán vender más suscripción de Emby, encima está disponible en todos los Smart tv acá en Argentina

PelisTop

Hola alguien puede subir su aplicación de Emby a este sitio https://www.vewd.com/ es que subiendo su aplicación a este sitio podrán vender más suscripción de Emby, encima está disponible en todos los Smart tv acá en Argentina