Vewd TV Apps, (For SONY and other TVs)

mickey1990

1ntroduc3

yea ok thanks. that's much older than was expected.

That means no compatibility i guess? :( Thanks for trying anyway :) Really like what you guys are doing here with Emby!

Cremby

yea ok thanks. that's much older than was expected.

My device also has 9.80. The device is only a year old. Are you planning to add support for this version?

Thanks

Well first we have to understand what the issue is. I can't imagine a one year old device would be a major problem.

tomcdj

@@Luke : Do you think i can install Opera TV Store on mine ? The Foxxum App Store has some Opera TV Apps (but it seem there are only 164 apps in total, i think Opera TV had more apps). I think that the manufacturers who believe in Opera are doing the same thing with Android and its forks in China

Cremby

Well first we have to understand what the issue is. I can't imagine a one year old device would be a major problem.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I am having the "black screen" with the above URL as well. I'm using URLLoader 1.3 if that helps. It's a Sony BDP S3200 blu-ray player. I guess it's 1.5 years old now (Jan 2015). If there is anything I can do to help you figure out the issue, please let me know.

Edited by Cremby

Hi guys please try again. We added a new mechanism to try and send logging info to our server. That should help us find the issue. Thanks.

tomcdj

Did you think i can download the Opera Devices SDK (i can't find it) in order to build a custom firmware for HiSense TVs with the Opera TV Store ? 

The next solution for me is to buy a Android Box (i don't want Android !) or a Roku box (Amazon, Chromecast and similar aren't available in France)... 

Did you think i can download the Opera Devices SDK (i can't find it) in order to build a custom firmware for HiSense TVs with the Opera TV Store ? 

The next solution for me is to buy a Android Box (i don't want Android !) or a Roku box (Amazon, Chromecast and similar aren't available in France)... 

I don't know the answer to that, sorry.

BrettDioson

I just tried and I also get a black screen.

Opera/9.80 (Linux armv7L; opera tv store/6222) presto/2.12.407 version/12.50 model/Sony-XBR-55X850B SonyCEBrowser/1.0 (XBR-55X850B; CTV/PKG2.902AAA;USA)

1ntroduc3

Tried it again, hopefully some log info will help.

If it;s good that you've got my IP tell me so you can filter all the loggings. I'll head it over with private message if needed :)

Same issue for me. Just a black screen.

Thanks, if you tried today that will help us.

All you guys ever get is a black screen?  You never see any part of the interface?

BrettDioson

For me that's correct. I only see a completely black screen with nothing else. Both times I tried it, before and after the cache clear.

1ntroduc3

Tried it again today, with the ?v=1 part. nothing changed, but maybe you've got the logging info :)

Have to say. it's more lik grey-ish than black. maybe it's the background color of the page that's coming through ..?

Edited by martheijnen

1ntroduc3

Look what happend! 

I went to dinner, forgot to shutdown TV and when i came back i saw this:

It's doing something, but not what it's supposed to do xD

575995fee6811_IMG_20160609_181309.jpg

Edit:

When i pressed a random key on my remote of the tv, it's going back to grey again.,.

tried it again, but if you wait long enough, something is showing up, but we can't do anything with it

Edited by martheijnen

BrettDioson

Just tried in 6:26pm ET 6/11/16. Worked a lot better! Was able to get to the pin sign in and connect to my server, however was unable to play content (tried an MP4 that I know works on the TV). It came up with the background for the show but nothing played. Additionally, using the exit/back button I was unable to get to the menu as it appears behind the background.

Also, the skip/manual setup button didn't do anything. I had to sign up with the pin.

Hope this helps.

BrettDioson

Additional challenge... When I go back to http://Emby.media (no index) my sign in screen comes up but if I try to sign into an account that is password protected, it doesn't prompt for the password. Can only sign in with a non-password protected account.

Just tried in 6:26pm ET 6/11/16. Worked a lot better! Was able to get to the pin sign in and connect to my server, however was unable to play content (tried an MP4 that I know works on the TV). It came up with the background for the show but nothing played. Additionally, using the exit/back button I was unable to get to the menu as it appears behind the background.

Also, the skip/manual setup button didn't do anything. I had to sign up with the pin.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I know what the playback issue is. Should hopefully have it fixed by tomorrow. For now can you concentrate on some of the other basics, like for example, are you generally able to browse around without any issues. stuff like that. thanks!

Additional challenge... When I go back to http://Emby.media (no index) my sign in screen comes up but if I try to sign into an account that is password protected, it doesn't prompt for the password. Can only sign in with a non-password protected account.

can you elaborate a little bit more by spelling out the sequence of screens that you see? thanks.