Vewd TV Apps, (For SONY and other TVs)

mickey1990

mickey1990

http://www.operasoftware.com/products/tv-store

I saw Opera TV today on my TVs apps, and I know it's a long shot, but I think a wide enough range of TVs use the Opera TV apps and it might be beneficial to have a dedicated app for the TV to browse media in, instead of an ever failing DLNA link which keeps dropping in and out.

currently DLNA between my sony kd-55x8500b, and windows 7 PC Media Browser Server, keeps dropping out. it annoys me, and I think if an app can connect (android app never fails), it would be better.

any ideas?

Thanks

http://www.operasoftware.com/products/tv-store

• Like 5

We'd be happy to help a new developer create an app for that platform.

Of note, however, Sony has moved to the Android TV platform as of this year so we will be there.

• 5 months later...
Deathsquirrel

Is there any update on this request?

When shall we expect an app for opera tv store?

Shortly after an interested developer joins the community and decides to make one would be my guess.  If the tvs support dlna playback you may wish to try that.

BrettDioson

I would be interested in an app for OperaTV also.  Seems that it would solve a lot not only for those of us with older Sony TV's, but the Tivo crowd as well (of which I am shortly joining :-))

• 6 months later...

well good news, the new emby theater web app runs almost perfectly in the opera tv emulator, so that's very promising.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Cremby

I requested this in another thread but I thought I'd put it where it belongs. Consider me a +1 to this feature request. I'd love to dump my Roku and just use my Blu-ray player for all my media needs.

• 1 month later...

The new emby theater runs almost perfectly in the opera TV emulator so at some point we'll look at packaging it into an app 

tomcdj

I have a HiSense TV running on OperaTV too. If possible, i want to test the app if a beta version comes before a stable version :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a HiSense TV running on OperaTV too. If possible, i want to test the app if a beta version comes before a stable version :)

What model?

• 2 weeks later...

We are working on it and you guys can actually test it now.

• Open the Opera TV store on your device and search for the app "UrlLoader".
  • Install it
  • Navigate to "My Apps" and run the UrlLoader app
  • Enter "http://tv.emby.media" and hit "Go"
  • Like 1

1ntroduc3

Thanks! Unfortunately it's not working on my sony KDL 40 W605B. Screen stays black after typing in the url

1ntroduc3

Hey Luke,

I can't. It remains black. If i type in any other URL like google it directly goes there.

1ntroduc3

opera 9.80 linux arm v7l opera tv store/6222 presto /2.12.407 version/12.50 model/sony-kdl-40w605b sonycebrowser/1.0 

Is this any info you can use?

Edited by martheijnen

tomcdj

Hey
I've tried too... Url Loader doesn't exist...
I'm trying to pair my TV with my account but i don't see the icon on the Opera TV store.
I've tried to install Opera TV Emulator extension on my Opera TV Browser but i can't...
What can i do ?
Hummm... Whoishostingthis.com says i'm on iPad Lol

Bad news : My TV store is the Foxxum App Store, not the Opera TV Store. HiSense TVs are running on Opera-based platform, not on Opera TV... :( 

Edited by tomcdj