Can't configure server: App hang on "connecting"

stettler

valitudor
I'm fed up with this application with almost no support. This application stopped working partially for me many months ago, and completely one or two months ago.

I started a topic with my problem here, but not even a reply from the developer. It is a shame even for a free application, but this one it is not a free one.

So, please, I want my money back because I will move to different solution where application seems to work as expected.

I' am sorry, I got used with media browser and the server looks very nice and works much better than this android application...

:(

I'm fed up with this application with almost no support. This application stopped working partially for me many months ago, and completely one or two months ago.

I started a topic with my problem here, but not even a reply from the developer. It is a shame even for a free application, but this one it is not a free one.
So, please, I want my money back because I will move to different solution where application seems to work as expected.
I' am sorry, I got used with media browser and the server looks very nice and works much better than this android application...

:(

apologies. we must have missed that one. we'll review it.

valitudor
Ok. Maybe I was too harsh in last post, but I'm a little upset ... I'am sorry...

So, I have 2 different problems:

1. With the last version of app, the previous one, and the pre previous one, I still can't connect. No matter what I choose (manually or not), app just freezes for even one hour. I have to forcibly stop it.

- If I choose manually, app stops at "connecting", if I choose "MB connect", I can enter credentials but after "sign in" freeze. I even entered the wrong credentials but everything is the same, so I guess it never gets to check with your server...

2. Luckily, I have a TB backup of a older version (2.1.38). With this version, most of the functions works as expected, except that annoying menu (subtitle and audio). If I choose that setting, application freeze as well. I have to stop it. Long before everything was ok, including this menu...

I reinstalled the apps many times, once I reinstall the server, OS of computer, I restored the phone to defaults, even reflashing, etc. No change. 

Thank you!

Edited by valitudor

skl_mobile

Ok. Maybe I was too harsh in last post, but I'm a little upset ... I'am sorry...

So, I have 2 different problems:
1. With the last version of app, the previous one, and the pre previous one, I still can't connect. No matter what I choose (manually or not), app just freezes for even one hour. I have to forcibly stop it.
- If I choose manually, app stops at "connecting", if I choose "MB connect", I can enter credentials but after "sign in" freeze. I even entered the wrong credentials but everything is the same, so I guess it never gets to check with your server...

I reinstalled the apps many times, once I reinstall the server, OS of computer, I restored the phone to defaults, even reflashing, etc. No change. 

Thank you!

Your not alone, i get this same issue. I forget to Force stop the app sometimes, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
flcruising

It seems that they've updated the app beyond my stock Android version 4.1.1.

I "temporarily" upgraded to another phone with 4.4.2 over the weekend and everything worked perfectly fine.

It looks like I may have to go to CyanogenMod...

• 1 month later...

Has this issue been resolved??

I am still experiencing the same issue with the connecting screen sitting there for ages, well over half an hour.

I have performed a fresh install and still the same problem.

I tried the Emby for android TV but the app icon does not appear in my apps, when I go to the play store it displays the app as installed but there is no open button to select.

I am interested to know if anyone else is till having the connecting issue.

Has this issue been resolved??

I am still experiencing the same issue with the connecting screen sitting there for ages, well over half an hour.

I have performed a fresh install and still the same problem.

I tried the Emby for android TV but the app icon does not appear in my apps, when I go to the play store it displays the app as installed but there is no open button to select.

I am interested to know if anyone else is till having the connecting issue.

Yes, it has, but maybe not for you. Please find the android log

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/15638-how-to-report-an-android-problem/

lexisdude

I believe the problem that I reported here , and the issues being reported by other users on this particular are identical. The only difference is that my device crashes the apk rather than hangs. I included a tombstone file for the app on the other post , but after doing some reading out there specifically for the crash and error found in the tombstone I might? have stumbled onto the issue. The crash event which occurred on the apk came milliseconds after the OpenGlRenderer was initiated. From everything I dug up , this is a potential issue for Tegra based processors, mainly in overflow/memory allocations. There are reports out there which suggest these are specific to the developer application, such as unity, either having a bug in their revision which causes crashes to tegra cores, or lacks the proper support for them alltogether.

It would be interesting to see how many that are still having problems , have Tegra (Nvidia) cores like myself. And of course, wait for the developers to have a peek at my thoughts. I know only enough to be dangerous, but sometimes that's enough.

Edited by lexisdude

lexisdude

I believe the problem that I reported here , and the issues being reported by other users on this particular are identical. The only difference is that my device crashes the apk rather than hangs. I included a tombstone file for the app on the other post , but after doing some reading out there specifically for the crash and error found in the tombstone I might? have stumbled onto the issue. The crash event which occurred on the apk came milliseconds after the OpenGlRenderer was initiated. From everything I dug up , this is a potential issue for Tegra based processors, mainly in overflow/memory allocations. There are reports out there which suggest these are specific to the developer application, such as unity, either having a bug in their revision which causes crashes to tegra cores, or lacks the proper support for them alltogether.

It would be interesting to see how many that are still having problems , have Tegra (Nvidia) cores like myself. And of course, wait for the developers to have a peek at my thoughts. I know only enough to be dangerous, but sometimes that's enough.

Just quickly skimming through the board with people listing there devices - I didn't tally the whole lot of them but the first 4 that had their device listed, all have Tegra cores.. I may have nailed it, thoughts?

I doubt it. they were reporting the app running but unable to connect, not crashing. and that was solved. you're reporting an inability to run the app at all due to it crashing after opening.

lexisdude

I doubt it. they were reporting the app running but unable to connect, not crashing. and that was solved. you're reporting an inability to run the app at all due to it crashing after opening.

Incorrect - I reported that when I selected manual , or typed in the user/pass and click the button the app crashed; while briefly showing the "Connecting" window - and I would hardly consider the issue being called resolved when only a couple people out of everyone that has reported the issue are actually working. A page back, a 'fixed' user is indicating that the app isn't working all that great still - possibly working through the crash states.

But I , as I see that several others have done - am going back to the old MB apk because this one still has serious issues, and I have not ran into anything that I cannot run on my current rig, except for this app. Hopefully you all will get things resolved with this app before I get my Tegra X1 rig :P

Edited by lexisdude

Emby Version 3.0.5588.1 Dashboard says server up to date.

First thing I did was, on cell opened app in settings and cleared data, size dropped to 29.02MB

Using my cell connection (4G/LTE):

I open the app - got the welcome page. Clicked Next

Logged in with credentials

clicked sign in Emby Connecting pops up

Shows my two PCs; TS and L,

I click on L, Emby Connecting to L. After 32 seconds I reach a message "server unreachable"

Switch to WiFi:

Clicked on PC L again, Emby Connecting to L, After 32 seconds again, "server unreachable"

Next step, I restart the server from my PC L. 

Switched back to 4G:

Again, clicked on PC L again, Emby Connecting to L, After 32 seconds again, "server unreachable"

Switched back to WiFi:

Again, clicked on PC L again, Emby Connecting to L, After 32 seconds again, "server unreachable"

Clicked on Sign in with MB Connect, Skip the sign in. And I'm in.

BUT, will it work on 4G??

Switched back to 4G (again):

Closed app, reopened Emby connecting, Skip the sign in. And back to Emby connecting. Went back to showing the server TS and L. Repeated steps: Clicked on Sign in with MB Connect, Skip the sign in and we're back to server page.

So now I need to know, why can I connect from my home network but not from outside (on 4G)?

I really want to use this app for my hospital stays to watch my movies. But what is the sense of having it if I can't use it.

Edited by nycrr

Open the server dashboard and look at the external address that is displayed on the front page. That is the address that the app will use to try and connect to your server. You may have to setup port forwarding rules with your router to allow the external access away from home.

As a test, see if you can access the server using the online web client.

I'm giving up on Emby/Media Server. It shouldn't be this much work to get movies viewable anywhere I want to be.

I'm done. Going to give plex a try.

Vidman

^^You realise this is an impossible line to tread right? There was another user complaining in another thread that it was too easy to share his media and had security concerns wanting to make external access opt in rather than opt out, lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...