Can't configure server: App hang on "connecting"

stettler

InTheAir

I'm having the same issue.  My wireless devices are on a separate subnet from my wired devices (i.e. Media Browser server).  Would that be an issue?

aenima99x

Running version 2.2.0.9 and having connection issues.

Connecting on my LAN is fine. However I cannot connect from outside my LAN with the app. I CAN connect from outside my LAN via the url in a browser. I have and Nginx reverse proxy setup to access MB via https://example.com/mediabrowser and as I said I am able to access MB via this URL outside my LAN. The app just says Server Unreachable.

Edit - It appears that the server is forcing the port number onto the end of the url and the app also requires the port. Is there some way to not have it require the port?

Edited by aenima99x

I am having the same problem on an android smart tv.

I have no problems with a samsung tv and samsung blu-ray, its the best application and I appreciate all of the fantastic effort that has gone into this for our enjoyment. Keep up the great work and hopefully the android app issue will be resolved soon.

youl94

FYI,

Same problem with latest version 2.2.09, and 2 version before... never work..

on ROM CM12.M7 - Lolipop 5.0.2

and

on ROM Omni.4.4.4.i9300- Kitkat 4.4.4

I do,

- Clean apps

- Delete apps

- Install it

- Open it

- Clic on 'Next'

- Clic on 'Ignore'

Result = Block on 'Connecting'

pir8radio

Is this still an issue, i just had a few users complain Sunday evening after they downloaded the latest version.   if you skip the mediabrowser connect step it goes right to connecting and sits there, no manual configure settings, i don't even know what its trying to connect to....  no clickable buttons to do anything else, just have to force quit...

skl_mobile

Is this still an issue, i just had a few users complain Sunday evening after they downloaded the latest version.   if you skip the mediabrowser connect step it goes right to connecting and sits there, no manual configure settings, i don't even know what its trying to connect to....  no clickable buttons to do anything else, just have to force quit...

yep, it still is.

I have installed the latest version but unfortunately the same issue occurs.

I will keep watching the forum for updates.

Many thanks

same, have tried on two devices.... I can log in using media browser connect but this is no good for multi user setups :-( it used to work perfectly before...

have you guys given the connecting dialog a good 30 seconds to timeout? the timeout might be a little too long and needs to be adjusted, but the box should go away once it times out, and then you can configure manually.

pir8radio

have you guys given the connecting dialog a good 30 seconds to timeout? the timeout might be a little too long and needs to be adjusted, but the box should go away once it times out, and then you can configure manually.

I know others have commented on this already, but just to help eliminate the user error..  I let it sit for a good 3 mins and it never timed out...

flcruising

No timeout.

My phone is set to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity. I've touched it to keep awake for 2 minutes and MB never times out.

An update has been pushed that should resolve this. Thanks for your patience.

flcruising

2.2.10 didn't change anything for me. Still no timeout or connection. It just perpetually displays "Connecting", and if I let it sit for long enough, Android will tell me it has stopped responding.

I can see my remote browser as an active device on my Server Dashboard, but the phone never shows there or under Recent Activity.