Exception with Kodi nightly

pünktchen

pünktchen

With one of the latest Kodi nightly builds i always get an exception when i try to enter the Mediabrowser-addon via Video-addons:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
       - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
       Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
       Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
       Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\default.py", line 39, in <module>
             MainModule.MainEntryPoint()
          File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 1670, in MainEntryPoint
             displaySections(pluginhandle)
          File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 443, in displaySections
             details = {'title' : __language__(30220) + collection.get('title', 'Unknown') }
       UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
       -->End of Python script error report<--

When this happens, it is not possible to enter the Mediabrowser-addon via Video-addons,

but i can still access the Mediabrowser libraries via the skinshortcuts of Titan skin.

Beside this, one time I've also seen another exception in my logs:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
       Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
       Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'None'
          File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\default.py", line 39, in <module>
          File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 1697, in MainEntryPoint
             getContent(param_url, pluginhandle)
          File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 1124, in getContent
             dirItems = List().processDirectory(url, result, progress, pluginhandle)
          File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\List.py", line 99, in processDirectory
             listItem=self.fastItem(item, pluginhandle)
          File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\List.py", line 167, in fastItem
             listItemName = listItemName + " (" + str(int(db.get(id + ".RecursiveItemCount")) - int(db.get(id + ".UnplayedItemCount"))) + "/" + str(db.get(id + ".RecursiveItemCount")) + ")"
       ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'None'

Mediabrowser-Server: 3.0.5490.2

Mediabrowser-addon: 0.9.788

Kodi: 15.0-ALPHA1 Git:20150210-4a5dd15

im85288

The addon supports Helix and Gotham only, no support for Kodi 15 Alpha versions will be added until it at least hits Beta stage (in fact it's so new they have not even decided on a name yet!)

pünktchen

Really too bad. As a former MediaPortal user, i really love the additive video seeking in Kodis nightlies.

im85288

Yes really, if it supports Alpha releases that is a bonus but due to the nature of Alpha software and the fact it changes a lot putting effort into keeping up with it is not going to happen.

xnappo

That said, are you sure you don't get this error with Helix? It looks like a normal old encoding issue.

pünktchen

That said, are you sure you don't get this error with Helix? It looks like a normal old encoding issue.

Should i say "no" so you look at this :D

Seriously, in Helix it's fine.

pünktchen

Should i say "no" so you look at this :D

Seriously, in Helix it's fine.

I should have said "it was fine in Helix"!

I've did some more testing and the problem also occurs in Kodi 14.0. It is a problem with the Beta addon. With stable addon all is fine in Helix AND the nightlies.

xnappo

I think this is fixed in the Git version if you can test that, otherwise will push a new version when I get the sorting stuff sorted :D

pünktchen

I think this is fixed in the Git version if you can test that, otherwise will push a new version when I get the sorting stuff sorted :D

Sorry to say that, but still the same error. It's the first exception i've posted.

From your changes on github, i think you've only fixed the second exception which seems to be the same as reported here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18485-mediabrowser-addon-script-failed-python-exception/ 

pünktchen

Tested with github master. Still have an exception with slightly different error:

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
      Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
         File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi_14.0\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\default.py", line 41, in <module>
         File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi_14.0\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 1287, in MainEntryPoint
            displaySections(pluginhandle)
         File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi_14.0\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 435, in displaySections
            title=Temp.encode('utf-8')
      UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

pünktchen

Can you post your collection names here? I think I need to be able to recreate this one.

In the evening...

I'm having the exactly same issue regarding utf-8 with the same log as posted here. I'm from brazil so my movies in boxsets all have their name in portuguese with the word "Coletânea" in the end. Like "007 - Coletânea" and so on.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

xnappo

Yep.  I don't get what changed in this regard, but it should be an easy fix now that I can hopefully reproduce it.

xnappo

Okay - this should be fixed in the Git now.

For educational purposes (or in case I forget) - the problem here was the new code added to have sub-sections like recently added for user collections.  In that code I was concatenating a Kodi language string  and the title from the JSON data.  The Kodi language strings are ASCII and the JSON data is UTF-8 - so it was trying to convert the UTF-8 to ASCII.  Encoding the Kodi language string to UTF-8 seems to have fixed the issue.

xnappo 

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

pünktchen

Okay - this should be fixed in the Git now.

For me it's also working again. Really outstanding support here! Thank you!

xnappo

For me it's also working again. Really outstanding support here! Thank you!

No problem - I appreciate your patience and detailed logs.

xnappo