Unable to Download/Install App

bacardi222

bacardi222

Hello, I've recently decided to switch from Plex to MB and I've run into an issue with installing the app on my TV which is a UN32H5203 model. Basically, I am able to log in as develop, then I go to an app I already have installed in Smart Hub, update IP to the one used in the sticky post, then I hit that same app again and do "Start User App Sync." At this point, a new window shows up saying "User Apps Sync is Requested" and nothing happens. I've tried leaving that dialog up for a few minutes, clicking "OK" on it and waiting a few minutes, and nothing happens. No app starts downloading and I don't receive any error messages. 

So, I'm able to follow all the instructions properly but I'm just not able to download/install the app. I have tried restarting the TV a few times, logging in/out, and I also tried using a different IP I found in some other posts from a few months ago in this forum but the same issue occurs of nothing happening.

Is there any alternative install method? I do have a USB drive I could plug into the computer if there were a way to install it from a local file.

Thanks for any assistance, would love to try out the app.

EDIT*****

After seeing another post with similar issues to the same model TV I have, I think it may actually be an issue with the TV itself. The other member stated he had the exact same issues trying to re-download/install the app after an update was available for it, but nothing would happen when he would enter the IP address and attempt to sync the app. Is it possible there is some new security function implemented from an update for the TV? According to the other member, media browser was working before an update to the TV.

Link to other thread here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18081-having-trouble-re-loading-the-app/

Another person said that you may be able to try and setup your own local LAN website to try and point the .xml file that the TV uses to download/install the application. Luckily, I run a little home server out of my house for some basic services so I attempted to set up a basic website that would host the .xml file and the .zip of the mediabrowser installer. I was able to set this up and tested in on my PC. Upon browsing to the local LAN IP address it would display the .xml file with the proper updated location for the download of the .zip file containing mediabrowser. I have tried entering the new local LAN IP on the TV and doing the app sync but I am met with the same issue as before -- nothing happens. No download, error message, anything. It's possible that I may have made an error in making the website but as far as I know it all appears to be correct. I'm hoping that there is someway around this because I'd really love to get this working. Any ideas?

I do not believe it is a network connectivity issue. I actually tried disabling all firewalls in between my server and the TV, that includes the firewall on my router, on the ESXi hypervisor, and finally, on the Windows Server 2012 R2 VM that's hosting the web site. For whatever reason, the TV just isn't downloading the app. According to the other member, mediabrowser was working and fully able to download/install before a recent update to the TV, so I'm thinking something changed on this model.

Edited by bacardi222

WarrenH

If I recall there's an update or refresh selection somewhere to refresh the installed / updated apps, it didn't just update the apps when I installed, otherwise if you turn the TV on and off it may refresh.

FrostByte

Did you update to the latest firmware?  The others with H series tvs have reported problems since updating to the new firmware released earlier this month.

markle88

Hey I just got a samsung UN55H6203A and an unable to install the media browser app. Software version is 1114. Any luck figuring this out?

bacardi222

Did you update to the latest firmware?  The others with H series tvs have reported problems since updating to the new firmware released earlier this month.

Yes, that is correct. I am currently running 1114.

Hey bacardi222,

I'm just curious, are you located in the US too?  Is your tv on software/firmware version 1114?

Yes and yes!

FrostByte

I've updated the firmware just released on my F series tv here in the US and mine appears to still be working.  Would appear this is a H series firmware issue only at this point

I have this same issue with the same model H5203 and unfortunately I also upgraded to firmware 1114

If there is an alternative way to load the app, I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Edited by tranx