Trakt.TV Plugin always asks for rating after playing

Crestj

No matter how many times I remove the tick from the trakt config page it always asks me for a rating after playing something.

Is it just me?

CBers

No matter how many times I remove the tick from the trakt config page it always asks me for a rating after playing something.

Is it just me?

No, I'm seeing it we well. I meant to post earlier.

What theme you using?

Redshirt

I can't reproduce. Can you uncheck the option to show the dialog and exit MBC. Then paste a link to the C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Configurations\Trakt-Classic.xml file.

CBers

My Trakt-Classic.xml file is empty after unsetting the option.

Seems to be any error saving the file:

2013-11-05 04:29:49.3739,Error,,TRAKT->SaveSettingsFile ( Exception.  Type=System.InvalidOperationException Msg=There was an error generating the XML document. Src=System.Xml Method=Serialize Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter,, Object o) [n]    at Trakt_Classic.Settings.SaveSettingsFile() ),1,Application2013-11-05 04:29:49.3739,Error,,TRAKT->SaveSettingsFile->InnerException ( Exception.  Type=System.TypeInitializationException Msg=The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterTraktSettings' threw an exception. Src=syqcxnxk Method=.ctor Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterTraktSettings..ctor() [n]    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializerContract.get_Writer() [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.InvokeWriter(XmlMapping mapping,, XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) ),1,Application
2013-11-05 04:29:50.7160,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.1.140:8096/mediabrowser/System/Info?format=Json,46,Worker thread for UPDATE CHECK
2013-11-05 04:29:50.7210,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.1.140:8096/mediabrowser/Packages?packagetype=UserInstalled&targetsystems=MBClassic&format=Json,45,Worker thread for Startup Queue
2013-11-05 04:29:50.7460,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.1.140:8096/mediabrowser/Packages/MBClassic?format=Json,46,Worker thread for UPDATE CHECK
2013-11-05 04:29:51.6790,Info,,Checking for Plugin Updates...,45,Worker thread for Startup Queue
2013-11-05 04:29:51.6880,Info,,==== MB Classic is up to date.,46,Worker thread for UPDATE CHECK
2013-11-05 04:29:55.2592,Error,,TRAKT->SaveSettingsFile ( Exception.  Type=System.InvalidOperationException Msg=There was an error generating the XML document. Src=System.Xml Method=Serialize Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter,, Object o) [n]    at Trakt_Classic.Settings.SaveSettingsFile() ),1,Application
2013-11-05 04:29:55.2602,Error,,TRAKT->SaveSettingsFile->InnerException ( Exception.  Type=System.TypeInitializationException Msg=The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterTraktSettings' threw an exception. Src=syqcxnxk Method=.ctor Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterTraktSettings..ctor() [n]    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializerContract.get_Writer() [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.InvokeWriter(XmlMapping mapping,, XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) ),1,Application
2013-11-05 04:29:55.4232,Info,,Information DisplayText: MB Classic is up to date,1,Application

Full MBC log here.

CBers

I can't reproduce. Can you uncheck the option to show the dialog and exit MBC. Then paste a link to the C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Configurations\Trakt-Classic.xml file.

Hi Redshirt.

Is this something easily fixed please?

TIA.

Redshirt

Can you two try deleting the trakt-classic.xml files and then relaunch MBC then see if it works. 

CBers

I deleted the file but it's still empty after starting MBC and unchecking the option.

If we're not wanting to rate/scribble, do WE really need the plug-in installed on MBC?

I deleted the file but it's still empty after starting MBC and unchecking the option.

If we're not wanting to rate/scribble, do WE really need the plug-in installed on MBC?

Same, empty file no matter what I set.

Redshirt

nope

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MattDeBeer

Is there any progress on this issue - I am getting the same problem but on the XBox360 is pops a blank screen after the video stops which I am guessing is where it is supposed to ask for a rating.

If I go into the config and untick the Rate after viewing option it works for that session but if I exit and go back in it is ticked again.

Redshirt

I'd say just uninstall the client plugin until further notice. The server plugin will still report your watched history. 

I'm trying to recruit other developers to help me as the Android client is making a lot of demands on my time. Hopefully in the near future this can be looked at. 

Cheesegeezer

@@Redshirt mate, dont worry my friend, as i said to you in PM, i'll take over Trakt once i'm back on dry land and cleared out some of my current projects. ;)

• Like 2

Redshirt

@@Cheesegeezer. Thanks bud. I just didn't want to publicly commit you to the work before you'd had a chance to do anything

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 1