Some items won't play, starting from version v. 0.550

DaN

Starting from version 0.550, some items doesn't play when I click on play:

My setup is:

MB Server Version 3.0.5366.22005 and Version 3.0.5490.2, I have two different servers and the issue is confirmed with both

Samsung TV F7500

Currently installed client version 0.560

I retested the issue on older version of the client (0.545), and the same contents are playing, seems the direct play has some issues with these contents.

I tried to get more information about these contents using

SERVER/mediabrowser/Users/USERID/Items/ITEMID

but I received the following error:

Response Status Error Code SecurityException Message Access token is invalid or expired. Stack Trace at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IServiceRequest request, String token) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)  

chessdragon136

That used to work, but now the server has added authentication you need to follow the below please:

1. In the web server management, go to advanced, then security, and create a new api key called swagger
  2. Run the below http search with the correct ID's in a web browser
  • http://SERVERIP:ServerPort/mediabrowser/Users/USERID/Items/ITEMID/?format=json&api_key=APIKEY

From web interface, go to my preferences and in the top bar you will see userId=

From web interface, go to an item, and in the url you will see id= (ItemId)

Server IP and Port you should know..

API key is the one you created in step 1

Basically let me know the results - Ideally can you upload a sample (small size) to the below please (Create a new folder named DaN or something): 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=34188BEEC92DC33C!70258&authkey=!AAVab1PELg7uExk&ithint=folder%2cdocx

Edited by chessdragon136

I just uploaded 3 files with the details required to the given onedrive share; they're as the following:

1-AlphaandOmega3D (didn't play)

2-AngelsandDemons (didn't play)

3-Annapolis (played successfully)

I'll try to share some small media file.

CBers

I just uploaded 3 files with the details required to the given onedrive share; they're as the following:

1-AlphaandOmega3D (didn't play)

2-AngelsandDemons (didn't play)

3-Annapolis (played successfully)

I'll try to share some small media file.

I was going to download those files to see if they would play on my TV, but they look like log files, unless the videos have already been deleted?

chessdragon136

I've looked at the logs but don't see anything strange - can you provide a sample, check it doesnt work and upload it please. 

I started uploading this files:

1-[hsbs] - Alpha.And.Omega.3D.2010.Bluray.720p.Half-SBS.AC3.x264-OpeD.mkv (70 MB)

2-Angels.And.Demons.2009.Extended.Cut.BluRay.720p.x264.DTS-WiKi.mkv (57 MB)

3-Annapolis.avi (8 MB)

bit slow, but it should be uploaded withing 30 minutes I guess

Regards,

DaN

OK seems the files were uploaded successfully. I added the same files o my library as new folder with mixed content type, and I was surprised when they all worked :(

What I did:

1- I cut 1 min of each movie mentioned in my previous response using MKV Cutter

2- I check the files and they were of the same encoding as the original movie files

3- created new library folder named Debug with mix type, and pointed to the folder where the cut files are located

4-using client version 0.560a all Debug folder contents played successfully

5-Still the original files are not playing:

-------------------[hsbs] - Alpha.And.Omega.3D.2010.Bluray.720p.Half-SBS.AC3.x264-OpeD.mkv

-------------------Angels.And.Demons.2009.Extended.Cut.BluRay.720p.x264.DTS-WiKi.mkv

6-I noticed that in I'm not able to navigate the page for these movies at all, but pressing PLAY button in RC plays the movie; so it seems to be navigation issue rather than a playback issue

7-For the one success in my list, the movie page was fully navigable:

-------------------Annapolis

Screen shots of the movie pages and the Debug folder contents:

AlphaandOmega3D movie page

54e0dfc925cc7_IMAG0661.jpg

AlphaandOmega3D-1min cut: Debug folder item page

54e0dffb9c7c4_IMAG0667.jpg

AngelsandDemons movie page

54e0e03b39360_IMAG0662.jpg

AngelsandDemons-1min Cut: Debug folder item page

54e0e063c6871_IMAG0666.jpg

Annapolis movie page

54e0e09ecbab8_IMAG0663.jpg

Annapolis-1min Cut: Debug folder item page

54e0e0b4c7d28_IMAG0665.jpg

and here's the info displayed when AlphaandOmega3D played after pressing PLAY button on RC

54e0e0e994398_IMAG0668.jpg

P.S: I tested subtitles in 3D playback, and the subtitles are displayed correctly now; thanks @chessdragon136 for closing that issue.

Regards,

DaN

FrostByte

Just a thought, but maybe run mkvmerge against the non working files and mux them into new files?  Maybe something is off with the headers or something

chessdragon136

Nope it is a navigational issue, the videos are fine - If you look at the screenshots carefully you'll see that the item count in the bottom left hasn't updated from the previous page. As such, the page has crashed loading before it's updated. 

When you load a page and it crashes, is the first item highlighted black (selected)?

Do you have disc art images for those films

Do you have theme music enabled - if so disable and try again

Do you have trailers

For testing, can you load the app and navigate directly to these items and let me know

• Like 1

When you load a page and it crashes, is the first item highlighted black (selected)?

Yes, it's highlighted black, but that's normal for all items (working/not working)

Do you have disc art images for those films

Yes, I disabled the option in settings, and retried, but still not working

Do you have theme music enabled - if so disable and try again

Theme Music was enabled, I disabled the option in settings, but still not working

Do you have trailers

Yes, Those not working items, had trailer

For testing, can you load the app and navigate directly to these items and let me know

I did, and they didn't work; I also navigated directly after app started to the below item, which was already in my resume list, but that didn't work (this item had disc art and trailer; also the disc art option is disabled in settings)

54e18e1c07ad5_IMAG0669.jpg

Regards,

DaN

bertbert72

Don't know if this is the same thing, but movies where I have more than 1 version are doing this (for example a 3D version and a standard one).  I've run this in the emulator and the logs show this when I press play:

0285  Key pressed: 29443
0286  ENTER
0287  New Item not added - Is duplicate of previous page: 2
0288  Movie
0289  http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8096/mediabrowser/Users/f985e07f9e266e5554273aef190db11d/Items/932149719755afff46034dc8b0173e91?format=json
0290  mkv
0291  h264
0292  2.40:1
0293  ac3
0294  6
0295  3D
0296  TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating 'document.getElementById(this.menuItems[index]).className = "FilmListSingle"')

• Like 2