Box sets problems

MSL_DK

I have a problem with box sets. My primary language is Danish, there is no description in Danish, mbs then looks for English, nor does it exist. result:

box_sets.JPG

box_sets_link.JPG

You could always add one to the tmdb.

The swedish translates to 

Johan "JW" Westlund lives a double life as a carnival performer on the hottest hot spots at Stureplan. When he falls in love with upper class girl Sophie lured him into a world of organized crime.

according to google translate

Will I see the number of films by adding Overview to themoviedb. I just think it's a problem if mbs shows 0 movies due to lack of info on themoviedb

Will I see the number of films by adding Overview to themoviedb. I just think it's a problem if mbs shows 0 movies due to lack of info on themoviedb

The number of movies shown there has nothing to do with metadata.  It is counting the number of actual movies you have in that box set in the file system.  If you have some and they aren't showing, then it is probably a file structure problem.

If you have some and they aren't showing, then it is probably a file structure problem.

Nope ... the problem is only present at collections where there are no infomation on themoviedb

log.txt

So, you actually have physical movies under those box sets but that number is 0?

If you navigate to that box set in the web client, can you drill down and see the movies under it?

How are the movies under there setup?  Actual movies or shortcuts?

So, you actually have physical movies under those box sets but that number is 0?

If you navigate to that box set in the web client, can you drill down and see the movies under it?

How are the movies under there setup?  Actual movies or shortcuts?

1) Yes

2) No

Like this

F:\Film (Genveje)\Box\Snabba Cash [BOXSET]\
		Snabba Cash.lnk
			G:\Film\Snabba Cash\Snabba Cash.mkv
			folder.png
			backdrop.jpg
		Snabba Cash II.lnk
			G:\Film\Snabba Cash II\Snabba Cash II.mkv
			folder.png
			backdrop.jpg

To the folder. I have, as I said only problems with collections that lack info on themoviedb. I first had these problems when I let mbs handle metadata for my collections.

I see the link points to a mapped drive.  Is the location setup also using a mapped drive or is it a UNC path (recommended)?

No, unfortunately it is not. I have since changed it all to UNC and I still have the same problem with all collections that are not "finished" on TMDb. Please see below and see consistent.

eks_bs.jpg

johnchimpo

To the folder. I have, as I said only problems with collections that lack info on themoviedb. I first had these problems when I let mbs handle metadata for my collections.

I had the exact same problem with boxsets that did not exist on TMDB. Make sure your shortcuts are being created by going to File(or right clicking) > New Shortcut, and not any other way. Others have also mentioned that alternative shortcut creation methods sometimes do not work.

I changed Snabba Cash [en] and now download mbs metadata correctly. But before overview [da] and poster were downloaded, I had to add overview [en]

The collections, which are not found in the database is displayed with "0 movies" it does not matter if I add [boxSet] or collection.xml, there is still 0 movies to watch.

Create a fictive collection that is not on TMDb

Looks like this
PATH:	\\SERVER\Box\Battle of Iwo Jima [BOXSET]	
PATH:		\\SERVER\Film\Flags of Our Fathers\Flags of Our Fathers.mkv
PATH:		\\SERVER\Film\Letters From Iwo Jima\Letters From Iwo Jima.mkv
No metadata collected and the collection shows 0 movies

Adding external ID, for example. 556 (http://www.themoviedb.org/collection/556)

Then appears both films.

and then what after adding the external id? you also need to refresh from the edit page after that.

It was not what I experienced. But it does not matter? The problem is that my film under a given collection is hidden because collection is not on TMDb.

Before I added an id

"LinkedChildren": [

],

After

"LinkedChildren": [
        {
            "Path": "\\\SERVER\Film\Flags of Our Fathers",
            "Type": "Shortcut"
        },
        {
            "Path": "\\\SERVER\Film_1\Letters From Iwo Jima",
            "Type": "Shortcut"