Only able to see some of the Video Library

monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

Very NEW to this Mediabrowser Server and XBMB3C. I have been using PLEX, for about 3 months. Seems to be pretty solid but missing alot of basic features for what I want.

Issue... unable to see all my movies in titan, aeon, 1080. only seeing about 25% of them. when i look on the media browser sever, its able to show all my movies. I have tried the beta and the stable version an both are showing samething. Its not showing me any error msgs. I have tried to uninstall the media browser and removed the file that keeps my login information for the server. I am not if there is anything else i can clear up. I have try PLEX and seems to show all my movies. Any help would be Apperciated.

My Setup... using OPENELEC. 5.0.2

reluctantflux

See the above post from im85288

While you're getting that info together, you might want to check that you're connecting to the right collection.  Perhaps you're looking at unwatched movies, or movies of a certain genre.

Edited by reluctantflux

monkeyslapper
New User to Mediabrowser Server and XBMB3C. I have tried PLEX. Nice and solid system. But missing some features that makes a differnece for me. Mediabrowser seems to be solid so far except for the minor details.

Setup: Openelec 5.0.2
       Mediabrowser Server Version 3.0.5490.2
       XBMB3C Stable v1.0.2 / v1.0.1 (try both)
       Titan 

Issue: XBMB3C only showing few of my movies. No error msgs.

tested: I have try to uninstall and reinstall both Beta and Stable and both are showing the same thing. I have try to remove the file that held my login info to the server. I have try beta and stable of Titan. Also tried Aeon Nox. I have also tried with plex and seems to show all the movies properlly. I am not sure if the logs will show any propblems if there is no error msgs.

Is there else I can try? clearing cache on Kodi? 

Thanks for any assistance 

im85288

There is no need to post a duplicate thread about this: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18206-only-able-to-see-half-video-library/

As requested there I asked to see the log file which is useful for us. Maybe another developer can help you with this information and I will merge your other thread with this one.

Thanks

Edited by im85288

monkeyslapper
New User to Mediabrowser Server and XBMB3C. I have tried PLEX. Nice and solid system. But missing some features that makes a differnece for me. Mediabrowser seems to be solid so far except for the minor details.

Setup: Openelec 5.0.2

Mediabrowser Server Version 3.0.5490.2

XBMB3C Stable v1.0.2 / v1.0.1 (try both)

Titan 

Issue: XBMB3C only showing few of my movies. No error msgs.

tested: I have try to uninstall and reinstall both Beta and Stable and both are showing the same thing. I have try to remove the file that held my login info to the server. I have try beta and stable of Titan. Also tried Aeon Nox. I have also tried with plex and seems to show all the movies properlly. I am not sure if the logs will show any propblems if there is no error msgs.

Is there else I can try? clearing cache on Kodi? 

Any Advice or suggestion?

Thanks

monkeyslapper

See the above post from im85288

While you're getting that info together, you might want to check that you're connecting to the right collection.  Perhaps you're looking at unwatched movies, or movies of a certain genre.

Great Idea... never thought of that... in titan you have an option to select catagories that you would like to see in titan. movies / tv shows / Pictures / Music. I have Movies selected, so i am assuming it will show all that i have in the movies catagory on the server. 

monkeyslapper

There is no need to post a duplicate thread about this: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18206-only-able-to-see-half-video-library/

As requested there I asked to see the log file which is useful for us. Maybe another developer can help you with this information and I will merge your other thread with this one.

Thanks

will post the logs later today when i get home. Thanks.

monkeyslapper
Hi there....

Figure out my problem, its seems that the scanning of the movies was where it went wrong. I had alot of missed labeled movies. I had about 600 or so saying that I had the same movie. even though the nfo had the proper title but the content in the nfo file was something else. I tried to remove all the nfo files and had the MB3 rescan the movies and same information came back for all the movies. proper nfo name but the content was incorrect. I even try to remove the library.db file from folder ( though I am not sure if its the correct one. i think the db. was about 31 mb ). I had to go to each movie and properly select the title. took some time but its done. I do have questions though...

1. when scanning for the movies. I like to label my folders and files >  title (year)/title (year).ext. sometimes i find the movie that are scanned. The scan shows title movie (year) in the title. and the rest of the content is not populated where as a proper scan is showing only the title and everthing else is filled. is that my naming scheme or bad scan or bad nfo?

54e348f1dd4be_scan1.jpg

2. When scanning your movies. Before it goes on the internet will it scan the nfo the hard drive first?

3. Are Collection treat as 1 movie? or will it take in account for X amount of movies in the collection?

Thanks for the help... 

xnappo

All these questions are better asked over in the server section - I would take your last post and repost there.