multiple servers one login

Airbender

Airbender

Hello

It would be nice if MB3 Server has an option to support multiple servers with one login

The reason is if a user has 2 pc's and each pc has let say 3 or 4 Hard drive with data all across then MB3 Server with one login will show one large que of data 

This is not my original thought but i personally used it in Plex where i can have some movies and tv shows on my main server and some in my test laptop but as soon i start plex in Roku or via web login i am able to see both directories as it is all manged by one login

and plex can actaully show status of both servers with no problem.

This will fix the issue for

1- less tech savvy users

2- Attract move users to MB3

3- fix the upgrade issue for people who cant afford buying more hardware or built a new server system or mass storage

4- give users some chance to view some of their collections if one of their pc goes down

Just a thought something that can be added into Mb3 in the future

Thank you very much

Scott84Z28

You don't need multiple MB3 servers.  You can have multiple file servers where your media is spread out though.  I have no media on my MB3 server at all, it's all on a second box (NAS).  As long as the MB3 server knows where your media is across the multiple servers, then the clients just see one big library.  Having two servers just seems to make the whole thing extremely more complicated than it needs to be.

Yes, I suppose two servers would be usefull for fault-tolerance in case one dies.  I do this for my enterprise stuff at work, but seems overkill for TV shows at home.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just my opinion.  ;)

• Like 1

Airbender

You don't need multiple MB3 servers.  You can have multiple file servers where your media is spread out though.  I have no media on my MB3 server at all, it's all on a second box (NAS).  As long as the MB3 server knows where your media is across the multiple servers, then the clients just see one big library.  Having two servers just seems to make the whole thing extremely more complicated than it needs to be.

Yes, I suppose two servers would be usefull for fault-tolerance in case one dies.  I do this for my enterprise stuff at work, but seems overkill for TV shows at home.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just my opinion.  ;)

Hi

It is different concept then what usual user is use to for Media browser 3

Thanks

Scott is correct.  For the particular scenario you outlined, you don't need to have to manage multiple MB servers.  Just share the locations on the network and point your server to them.  That is a much simpler solution than what you suggested.

The one area where multiple, synchronized servers might make sense is load balancing transcoding tasks - but that is an entirely different animal and, although I'd like to see it one day, probably isn't happening any time soon.