Completely off topic - User lock and server reboot

skynet600

skynet600

Just a punt here but anyone else recently seen a change in their server behaviour?  The first issue is user lock.  After an indeterminate time of inactivity the user session will be locked even though there is no password.  In "Power Options" I have "Require a password on wakeup" disabled.   It should be noted that I have no password set for the admin user.  I have also checked the screen saver settings and "On resume, display logon screen" is also disabled.  I have gone through my entire power options menu and cannot find anything that might cause it.

Another thing I have noticed is the server restarting itself early in the morning even with no patches installed.

Just some weird sh1t happening all of a sudden.  I have had the same PC for a number of years now. 

Any ideas?

NWGiles

maybe set a password, and then in netplwiz set it to remember and not require it

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/fl/auto-logon-windows-8.htm  

I have mine like this, for 7 and 8 with "Require a password on wakeup" disabled. there has been a lot of windows updates in the past 2 weeks, maybe that restarted it, however mine setup like this just loads straight back in

• Like 1