Initial Thumbnail Scan

TolkienBard

ginjaninja

@@Luke

Is it normal that my Collection primary images got changed?

54e90277656ca_Roku_snap.jpg

Now i have to go and change them all back...

this is a different function of the server...so the qu may be better in its own thread...the roku plugin does not affect the primary and thumb images..

mediacowboy

I second the filter request for some way of knowing what does/doesn't have a bif file. I am trying to fix my library where everything would play directly to the Roku and seeing what doesn't have a bif would be helpful.

Nologic

If you are having trouble creating BIF files, I'd suggest disabling the server plugin, and trying my script out. Granted it blindly creates BIF files for any MP4 or MKV file it's pointed at.

[Linky]

After using my script to create the primary BIF files, Then re-enable the plugin...this is to prevent bogging down the server...and doubling of effort.

Plus the plugin, should automatically create new BIF's for newly added videos...where...well my script only creates stuff when you put forth the effort to start it.

@ Spaceboy & Mediacowboy -

I can write a script that will recurse your videos and tell you what doesn't work...provided folks till me what doesn't work. :)

I've had no problems thus far...but all my stuff is the same x264, stereo AAC, MP4 container.

mediacowboy

It not so much that the plugin is failing as it is not all my videos are the same or I'm missing the overview or something stupid. Which would make the reporting feature easier to see what's acting up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nologic

Well going off the info in the below link, I should be able to write a script that will tell why certain video's will need to be transcoded, and where they are located.

[Linky]

Spaceboy

and my system finally finished the initial scan about an hour ago, so its taken about 2 weeks of the task running pretty much constantly (although cpu has not been running at 100%, often it was only 25% and then just pushed up to 100% for periods that extended over several hours) to complete. i do have 24TB of mostly direct playable media so the pc's had a good workout!

Edited by Spaceboy

mediacowboy

@@Nologic, If you are up to creating a script that would tell me which files would need to be fixed and where they are at I would be in debt. My scan is still going but it is in it's final 2%. It still shows, by searching my media folder's, that I am missing bif's for 1198 video files.

Edited by mediacowboy

Nologic

It'll likely be a day or two before I write it...I'm updating another one of my scripts right now...once I get the big todo items off the list, I'll bang something out for you.

• 9 months later...
tymanthius

I think you just have a server that is not up to the task for this, and at some point you might just have to accept that so you can stop being frustrated by it. I think that's just as far as it's gotten in this amount of time.

Maybe your server was working so hard it blew your neighborhood's power line :)

I just find this hard to believe.  My old machine, a pentium dual core, handled roku thumbnails fine with plex.

My new machine, i56600k@3.5Ghz is taking over 24 hours to get 20% done.  

I really wish I knew what was so different under the hood between plex & emby to cause this.

I find that Emby is a better product over all, but Plex certainly does have some features nailed down hard.

• 8 months later...

The Roku thumbnail plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.