Play On Xbox One not listed

CtrlAlt7

CtrlAlt7

I have MBC setup with MBS running as a service. Everything is working fine and within MBS settings I see Xbox One as a listed device.

When using the mediabrowser 8.1 app or the windows phone 8 app I don't see Xbox One as a listed player to select.

Within file explorer in windows I am able see Xbox One as a listed device and play to it.

From my Xbox I am able the launch the media player app and successfully connect to mediabrowser and play files, just vice versa doesn't work.

Any ideas on why it doesn't appear within the apps?

Edited by CtrlAlt7

miltonberle

I don't have any answers for you, but I'm having the same problem myself after installing MBS on a new machine.  It was working on my old machine, but now I can't get the XB1 to show as a client device for 'Play To' on the WinPhone app or the Win8 app either.  However, if I open IE on the XB1, that does show up as a valid 'Play To' client and works, but using the web interface is too clunky to use with a gamepad.  Launching the Xbox Video app first doesn't help either (I'm not sure if that's the player the Win Apps are still trying to use or if they are trying to use the Media Player app now).  I haven't touched my old machine since taking it offline, I'll try hooking it back up this weekend and see what happens.

CtrlAlt7

Good to know its not just me. I'll try via IE on XB1 and see of that works for me as a workaround.

What happens if you stop it from running as a service and just run it as Admin?

Does casting to xBox One then work?  Might be a permission problem.

Carlo

CtrlAlt7

gave that a shot still no good, appears as a device in mediabrowser settings, but unable to see it as a device to cast to.

CtrlAlt7

Ok so here is what I have tried so far and still no luck.

1. Disabling/enabling DLNA in MBS settings
  2. Different user accounts
  3. Open IE on Xbox One and play content via web client
  4. Resetting network settings on Xbox One
  5. Switching from running MBS as a service to run as an application
  6. Removed user password from PC running MBS

The only workaround I have found that works for me is on the Xbox I open the media player app (not xbox video) and connect to media browser that way. As this works, to me that means that both my network and permission settings are setup correctly or else my Xbox wouldn't be able to communicate with media browser at all.

I'm all out of ideas anyone else have any suggestions?

Edited by CtrlAlt7

Take MB3 out of the picture.

On the MB3 server from the file system can you right click an MP4 file and get a "play to" menu with the xBox as an option?

post-24372-0-61054400-1424382608_thumb.png

CtrlAlt7

I finally figured it out!!!

Within MBS settings :

Click Users | Click your user profile

Under the remote control section check "Allow remote control of other users"

Soon as that was checked all DLNA devices appeared in my device list and I am now able to play on Xbox again :)

• Like 1