My Theme - Prometheus

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Maleficarum

Yeah usually my code has to be cleaned up before release. Errors that pop dialogs saying "Something's F**ked" usually don't go down well :P

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Nice exception naming Mr Cheese :)

Ooops, I forgot I had that in there.... It was completely doing my head in trying to get that to work, so threw the exception in to trace the errors of my ways. :lol:  Still the user will never see that code as it's a container for the exception string.  So i'm gonna leave it in there.  

I like to make my code interesting to read back, when you revisit it, have a little chuckle to yourself because you remember the reasons why you write those things.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Yeah usually my code has to be cleaned up before release. Errors that pop dialogs saying "Something's F**ked" usually don't go down well :P

Ah but that is totally acceptable, at least they know it's not working hahahahah

BeppoMonkeyBoy

New Version coming soon, my last version had my new actor summary page, but i realized, that's its method of collecting local data is really stupid, and causes problems on bigger data sets, so I'm busy re-writing it, its loads faster, and pulls credits from themovidedb api (TV & movie) to give a full list of items, and mark off the items you have locally, just working on a few tweaks and it should be good to go soon. i've rewritten it to use the local api as well as firing of a search was not the way to go.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

New Version coming soon, my last version had my new actor summary page, but i realized, that's its method of collecting local data is really stupid, and causes problems on bigger data sets, so I'm busy re-writing it, its loads faster, and pulls credits from themovidedb api (TV & movie) to give a full list of items, and mark off the items you have locally, just working on a few tweaks and it should be good to go soon. i've rewritten it to use the local api as well as firing of a search was not the way to go.

Beppo are you using this http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/19615-item-query-issue-in-core/?view=getnewpost

It could affect you. But then again might not :D

Cheesegeezer

I can't view that forum :(

Oh crap... of course not. I didn't even realise.

@@ebr can you not endorse Beppo as a dev?

BeppoMonkeyBoy

When I say its really stupid, I mean my old code :), I'm now grabbing the bio from the local store, getting local items using a person query, and then combining results with the movie db results, it's working fine so far, though now I'm suspecting there is a better way,

BeppoMonkeyBoy

New version is up on my Dropbox BTW, also fixed a few other bits, Turing the infobox on poster view is a lot nicer now :)

• 1 month later...
SilentAssassin

@@BeppoMonkeyBoy are you still working on this theme? I've been using it as my main theme, apart from the odd time when it would lockup when trying to enter a TV show, it's been great. However for some reason just fired up WMC and the theme is not showing even though it is in my plugins folder, did it have an expiry date on it because it coincidentally fits in with the end of a month.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Yes on both, try the new standalone .DLL on the Dropbox share, been so busy I forgot all about this. Free time spent writing server plug-ins that no one else would ever want to use.

• Like 1

Overseer

I'm hoping you are continuing development on this as I am also using this as my main theme as well.

yardameus

Is this to the point where it could be included in the plugin catalog?

• 5 weeks later...
Overseer

Theme is no longer showing up in my config screen. Did it expire again?

Only theme I am using at this pint in time.

SilentAssassin

Theme is no longer showing up in my config screen. Did it expire again?

Only theme I am using at this pint in time.

Am seeing the exact same. Probably has expired again. @@BeppoMonkeyBoy do you plan on working on this anymore, if not can you remove the expiration and leave it for those of us who enjoy it to continue enjoying it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
BeppoMonkeyBoy

I'm still here, been away from everything due to personal reasons, tI'm looking to do something with this still but unsure how to continue, I might open source it (bit wary about doing that as I dont think I'd get anything out of it) or do a donation/download page, I'm not sure how to get it into the catalog, or what i need to put in to work with emby licencing, The main reason for an experation date was to stop people using old versions due, to the .dll not being in the main catalog and not being able to tell you of new versions.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

I can help you with the licensing code if you need it and what to do on adin site.

@@ebr can we get him access to the admin site and move his status to Dev.

• Like 1

If you would like to publish in the catalog, please read and understand our Development Policy and then let me know and I can get you setup.

You should have a relatively stable plug-in before you put it in the catalog as people will start downloading and using it and you won't want to have to deal with a ton of support if it isn't ready yet (I honestly don't know where you are with it that's just fyi).

BeppoMonkeyBoy

If you would like to publish in the catalog, please read and understand our Development Policy and then let me know and I can get you setup.

You should have a relatively stable plug-in before you put it in the catalog as people will start downloading and using it and you won't want to have to deal with a ton of support if it isn't ready yet (I honestly don't know where you are with it that's just fyi).

as far as i'm aware its good to go, problem is i wont get an idea of real issues untill more people using it, to which i'm happy to fix real issues, and possibly look at addressing feature requests, looks like i'm complaint with your dev policy,

• Like 1

Okay.  Do you plan to make this a premium plug-in?  Be aware that all premium plug-ins also require active Emby Premiere memberships. If you do, then PM me the email address to which PayPal should go.

• 2 weeks later...
MrWebsmith

installed fine from within emc.. will give it a run around tonight/tomorrow night after work...  thanks for all your work!  ill give you some feedback when im not remoted in and window'd  ;)