Bug: Menu Time incorrect v550c

FrostByte

FrostByte

The app appears to now be showing GMT/UTC or currently UK time only at the bottom of the screen when hitting Menu.  The current local time used to display correctly here previously, though not sure which version it started to show GMT/UTC time.  Time on tv is correct

Steps to recreate:

1. Start app

2. Click "Menu" on the remote

Edited by FrostByte

cragjagged

@@FrostByte We were seeing an hour drift so resolved it from our point of view. Unfortunately there didn't appear to be a method to test it in different locales so thought this might happen. I'll put it on the list.

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Hey Chess and Crag,

I'll throw in my thanks too to you guys for looking at this - I've got the same issue as well; incorrect time!

And on the topic of time, is there any chance that the time can be out on the homescreen at all? I don't use the menu much. Seeing as everything has been set, no need to go back in there.

No biggie if it can't and no need to rush if it can  ;)  If it can though, would you like me to start a new FR thread for it?

Regards,

Dodgy

CBers

Where would you put the clock on the homescreen?

I know there's not a lot of space, but could it be shown if you press the INFO button?

cragjagged

Personally I think dropping it where the version number currently is would work. Could move the version number out to the tools pop up

FrostByte

Swap the location of the time and version where they are at now.  I personally could use the time more often than the version number when using the app.

• Like 2

Dodgy Bob

Where would you put the clock on the homescreen? 

Hmmm, yeah, that would have been helpful! Sorry chess  :(

What about bottom middle? Or top left / top right?

I'm not sure how the coding works so I don't know if the "loading" box that comes up in the top right means that the top right can't be used, but thats what I was originally thinking.

I know there's not a lot of space, but could it be shown if you press the INFO button?

I'm also a fan of this idea too. But because of the stoopid remote that I'm using at the moment, the default H/8 series remote, I don't have a separate info button; mine is combined with the blue button -- or is that where single-click and long-click comes in? i.e. a single click on the blue/info button does nothing on my remote, but a long-click brings up the 'Help Page' in the bottom left.

Dodgy Bob

Personally I think dropping it where the version number currently is would work. Could move the version number out to the tools pop up

Swap the location of the time and version where they are at now.  I personally could use the time more often than the version number when using the app.

Nice - I'm happy with that too  :D

Just swapping the version number and the time, where they currently reside, is a good idea.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Ok I've changed the clock to not be UTC time - My time shoes correctly still @@cragjagged so may be the time in the tv settings (if there are any)

I've also moved the position of the clock to that suggested by @@FrostByte , @@CBers

For next release.

• Like 3

FrostByte

Time now displays correctly again on my tv.  I do like it and the version in their new positions.  Though I prefer the time display without the number of seconds I can do with whatever everyone prefers the most

CBers

Time now displays correctly again on my tv.  I do like it and the version in their new positions.  Though I prefer the time display without the number of seconds I can do with whatever everyone prefers the most

I was wondering if the seconds were necessary, but useful this afternoon counting down the 60 seconds before the screensaver should have kicked in !

• Like 1