Having trouble re-loading the app

socalredneck
Go to solution Solved by Simply2Cool,

socalredneck

Here's one I pulled off the Samsung forum a while back.  Can't find the direct link, hence the attachment.  It doesn't do much, just displays a keyboard as a demo for mouse control.

*Seconds later I found the link:

http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide/_downloads/tut00049_ime_tutorial.zip

Ok, so I copied the sample1.zip file on my flash drive, plugged the flash drive into my tv (login as develop) and it loaded into Smart Hub.  Attached is a pic of what it looked like in Smart Hub, and the app ran, but I didn't do anything in the app, just verified that it loaded and ran.

I loaded the MediaBrowser3_0.525_Europe_20150203.zip back onto my flash drive, but still no install.

I hope this helps in some way.

Thank you guys, I know this is a pain, but it's appreciated!!

post-4276-0-20814800-1424727749_thumb.jpg

socalredneck

Here's one I pulled off the Samsung forum a while back.  Can't find the direct link, hence the attachment.  It doesn't do much, just displays a keyboard as a demo for mouse control.

*Seconds later I found the link:

http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide/_downloads/tut00049_ime_tutorial.zip

I just checked something else.  The Sampe1.zip that was attached to your post, that worked on my tv, but then I just tried the file from the link in your post, it didn't work.  The link file has 4 files in the root of the .zip, then 2 sub-directories and a single file in each directory.  The Sample1.zip doesn't have any sub-directories.  What if the new firmware version of my tv's won't look beyond the root of the a .zip??  Or what code/software difference is there between the two files in your post?

bertbert72

Looks like the link wasn't to a runnable version of the app, sorry about that.  However the fact that the other version does run is interesting given that MediaBrowser doesn't even appear as being on the USB.  Not sure how this can be debugged though.

Simply2Cool

At my work I have a 65" Samsung 3d smart tv, I'm not sure what model.  I tryed to use mediabrowser yesterday and it didnt work.  f/w version 2203.  I upgraded to 2204 and it didnt work either.  Tryed it today and it worked.  Apparently the server flaw mentioned above affected this tv.  Therefore I was excited to come home and get my kids tv up and running, no luck.  So I contacted live chat support and this is our conversation.

rt_arrow.gifPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

rt_arrow.gifYou are now chatting with 'Sasha'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

rt_arrow.gifYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125603261837X

Sasha: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?

Sasha: I hope I didn’t lose you.

Visitor: Do you know of any problems with the newest firmware for my UN32H5203AFXZA TV. When I updated the firmware my mediabrowser 3 app stopped working. The mediabrowser app has to be installed using the develop login on the tv. I uninstalled the app and tryed to reinstall. It will not reinstall. I am connected to my home wireless network, I tryed the smart hub diagnostic self test and received the error code ERR02003.

Sasha: I see that you have sent me quite a bit of information. I’d be happy to go through it and assist you better.

Visitor: my firmware version is 1114

Sasha: I understand that the Media Browser app on the TV isn't working fine. Is that correct?

Visitor: correct

Sasha: Thank you for confirming.

Sasha: Let us work together to identify and isolate the issue.

Visitor: and my tv fails the built in smart hub self diagnostic test.

Sasha: Does all the other apps on the TV work fine?

Visitor: i read online that samsungs newest update has flaws

Visitor: i dont use any other apps, but tryed hulu today and it did work

Sasha: There are no such reported issues with the TV model.

Sasha: What is the exact error message are you getting while accessing the App on the TV?

Visitor: there are several users on the mediabrowser.tv support forum having the same issue

Visitor: the firmware update doesnt allow us to install this app using the samsung develop login. mediabrowser is not an application in the smart hub

Sasha: Let me check the information for you.

Visitor: ok

Sasha: Thank you.

Visitor: i also found several articles online that a samsung server update affected several advanced features on the smart tvs. could this be why? I have been trying to solve this issue since february 14th.

Sasha: Just to confirm, is the app isn't available in Samsung App store to install it?

Visitor: not available, correct

Sasha: Thank you for confirming.

Visitor: it has to be installed using an ip address

Visitor: i have sucessfully installed on another tv, different model, different firmware today and the app works correctly

Visitor: my UN32H5203AFXZA doesnt try to install it

Sasha: It seems that the App might not be compatible with the current firmware version on the TV, so that it isn't appearing to download from Samsung App store. However, you can try contacting the App support directly to check for the compatibility issue with it and can then install it.

Visitor: it has never been in the store. i have been working with the app support for weeks now. i really think firmware version 1114 is flawed

Visitor: i have tryed other develop apps, and they dont install either

Sasha: Yes, I understand your concern.

Sasha: However, as the app is developed by third party you need to contact them directly to check for the compatibility issue with it on the TV, so that they might release any update for the app to isolate the issue with it on the TV.

Visitor: I understand how that works.

Visitor: I was hoping that might be similar issues already reported

Visitor: and help create the audit trail to get the samsung programmers to look into this problem

Sasha: I understand. However, I have double checked the information from our Internal database and see that there are no such reported issues with it.

Sasha: I will take it as a valuable feedback about it.

Visitor: The only reason why i bought this tv was to use this application. i could have save a couple hundred dollars by buying a dumb tv

Sasha: Yes, I can completely understand your requirement.

Visitor: does our conversation get logged to show a problem in your database

Sasha: Yes, the chat session will be saved in our records.

Visitor: between myself and the other users firmware version 1114 is the only firmware that this app doesnt work

Sasha: It seems that the App might not be compatible with current firmware version on the TV, you can try contacting the app developer once, so that they might release any app update to make it compatible with the TV current firmware version and can then install it to access.

Visitor: roger that your done talking to me

Sasha: Also, I will take your feedback about the App issue on the TV after firmware update.

Visitor: thanks for the info. Have a good evening.

Sasha: I just wanted to make you aware of some really good support pages that are available to our customers.
Samsung SPOT (Smart Personal Online Training) offers real-time Samsung support with a product expert through live video chat. visit us at <a data-cke-saved-href="http://helpouts.google.com/+SamsungUSA" href="http://helpouts.google.com/+SamsungUSA" _black"="">Samsung SPOT Our hours of operation(currently) are:  Monday to Friday / 10am to 7pm EDT.
If you are looking for more details on the functionality of a product or would like to find answers to some of the questions, visit us at SamsungSimulator for an interactive review of some of our Samsung products.

Sasha: Can I help you with anything else?

Visitor: no thanks

Sasha: You're welcome.

Sasha: Good Night!!!

Simply2Cool

I might have found the problem.  I am just an old school html guy, but It looks to me like the "description" tag in your widgetlist.xml code is broken.

<rsp stat="ok">
<list>
<widget id="MediaBrowser3">
<title>MediaBrowser3</title>
<compression size="2115784" type="zip"/>
<description/>
</widget>
</list>
</rsp>

bertbert72

I might have found the problem.  I am just an old school html guy, but It looks to me like the "description" tag in your widgetlist.xml code is broken.

Don't think that's the issue.  The description tag is fine, it's just a shortcut for saying <description></description>.  Plus the widgetlist,xml is only for syncing the app with a server.  That wouldn't stop it from working on USB.

But please keep trying things if you can and call out any thoughts.  It all helps.

socalredneck

I did as Simply2Cool did, went to Samsung product tech support chat line, knowing I wouldn't  get help but to try to get their attention to the issue.  The tech wanted to do a remote connection, when I ran the Smart Hub diagnostic self test, it passed, ugh!  So I don't know if that has anything to do with the loading issue.  Unfortunately the online tech's don't have the experience to know about loading/installing an app outside the Samsung store.  He kept coming back and saying you can't install an app that isn't list, and I kept telling him that I could before firmware version 1114.

• Solution
Simply2Cool

I'm up and running from the USB drive.

What Works:

I Created a "MediaBrowser 3" folder in the root of the USB drive.  Then unzipped the source into this folder. 

What doesn't Work:

The zip file in the root folder

All files unzipped in the root did not work.

Installing from I.P. address

I think the IP setting doesn't save when you click "ok", It doesn't remember ever.  The TV at my work remembered the IP from my install several months ago.  Give this a try @@socalredneck and let us know if it helps.  If it does, I will try to make contact with samsung support and inform them.

• Like 3

FrostByte

Glad you got it working.  Hopefully the others can do the same.

I have to reenter the IP address every time on my F series tv even if it shows in the boxes from before.  If I don't retype the IP then the install just says "connecting" and never installs.  If I reenter the IP on top of the IP already there it works fine.  I guess even though I can see the IP address it's not really there.  Kind of weird.

socalredneck

THAT'S IT!!!!  It worked on both of my TV's!!  Go out and spread the word people, hahaha.

You all are the GREATEST!!

• Like 2

CBers

Glad you got it working.  Hopefully the others can do the same.

I have to reenter the IP address every time on my F series tv even if it shows in the boxes from before.  If I don't retype the IP then the install just says "connecting" and never installs.  If I reenter the IP on top of the IP already there it works fine.  I guess even though I can see the IP address it's not really there.  Kind of weird.

I don't have to do that on my F8000.

Samsung TVs are weird !!

socalredneck

It looks as if every time I turn on the tv's, I have to pull the flash drive & re-insert it for the app to reload into Smart Hub.  Just leaving the flash drive in the tv or even viewing the flash drive doesn't reload the app into Smart Hub.  Is this correct??

Does anyone know a way to permanently load the app off of the flash drive or a way to make the tv load the app from the flash drive when it starts/boots up??

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I love having the work around, and thank you to everyone that's been working on this.  I'm just curious.

• 4 weeks later...
socalredneck

My tv's say there is a new Samsung firmware version available (old 1114, new 1116), has anyone updated their tv(s) to see if it fixed the load issue?  After Samsung messed up my tv's from the last firmware, I'm hesitant to jump right into this one.

I never got any feed back from posts made on the Samsung developers forum.

Samsung's website still lists the 1114 version, so I don't know what they fixed/broke this time.

• 2 months later...
Xzener

Where is the link to the source?? I'm having an issue installing on an H Series. Thanks.

I've tried downloading the zip from Github, installed onto a USB, but the TV only browses through the folders. I see no exe or equivalent file... I am new to Smart TVs.

Logging in as develop, adding the ip, and syncing the apps never installs it.

I'm at a loss, any ideas?

Edited by Xzener

FrostByte

Try putting the files in a folder (i.e Emby). It will not browse the root of a usb unfortunately.

Xzener

I already tried "MediaBrowser 3" as described... Still just wants to browse the folders.

CBers

Logging in as develop, adding the ip, and syncing the apps never installs it.

That's all you should need to do.

I installed it first time on a H series TV (UE32H5500 ) a couple of weeks ago.

Have you uninstalled the app and tried it again, turning off the TV, removing the power lead, in between ??

This is the full H Series TV thread.

Edited by CBers