Custom CSS with Emby Web App

Luke

Happy2Play

And for the stable version? ;)

Something like this.

input.emby-checkbox:checked+span+span+.checkboxOutline .checkboxIcon-checked {background-color: #4285F4;  }
input.emby-checkbox:checked+span+span+.checkboxOutline {border-color: #4285F4; }
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Thanks a lot!

Is it possible to make all the green elements in Emby Server blue like this?

Yes it was done here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28743-emby-dark-themes-in-different-accent-colors/

But it is dated and no longer updated.  So there would have to be updated to the current code for 4.3.1.0, but will change some more in 4.4.x.x.

I currently use a bat file and a program called Find and Replace (fnr) and replace everything green with blue (#0C57D6)

FNR program and Emby path dependant

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui" --fileMask "*.*" --excludeFileMask "*.dll, *.exe,*.png, *.gif, *.jpg, *.woff, *.woff2, *.ico" --includeSubDirectories --useRegEx --find ":green" --replace ":#0C57D6"

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui" --fileMask "*.*" --excludeFileMask "*.dll, *.exe,*.png, *.gif, *.jpg, *.woff, *.woff2, *.ico" --includeSubDirectories --useRegEx --find "#52b54b|#2bc253|#54f054|#5EC157|#009F00|#00B32C" --replace "#0C57D6"

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui" --fileMask "*.css" --includeSubDirectories --find "rgba(82,181,75" --replace "rgba(12,87,214"

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui" --fileMask "*.css" --includeSubDirectories --find "rgba(82, 181, 75" --replace "rgba(12, 87, 214"

as for logos you can find them here and use them via url as you can see in the base code

https://github.com/BenZuser/Emby-Dark-Themes-Resources/tree/master/images/logos-and-icons

But I just maintain a local copy and replace the image with every update in my bat file.

copy Y:\Emby-Server\logowhite.png Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\bower_components\emby-webcomponents\themes\logowhite.png /y

Not necessarily pretty but does what I need.

• Like 2

PenkethBoy

@@Happy2Play

the latest beta .14 has stopped a couple of things working - could you give me a idea what to change please

/*Remove Scroll from - Seasons*/
#childrenCollapsible div.scrollSlider {
 flex-wrap: wrap;
 padding-right: 2.5%;
 padding-left: 2.5%; }
#childrenCollapsible .scrollbuttoncontainer-right {display: none; }

and

/* ----- Smaller Movie/Series Cast Pictures Beta Server----*/
.card.portraitCard.personCard{width: 9.5em !important; height: auto;}

i had a quick play but with no luck

Thanks

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play

the latest beta .14 has stopped a couple of things working - could you give me a idea what to change please

#childrenCollapsible div.scrollSlider {
#childrenCollapsible .scrollbuttoncontainer-right {display: none; }

and

.card.portraitCard.personCard{width: 9.5em !important; height: auto;}

i had a quick play but with no luck

Thanks

Looks like

div.childrenSection-x div.scrollSlider {
div.childrenSection-x div.scrollbuttoncontainer.scrollbuttoncontainer-right {display: none; }

div.peopleSection div.portraitCard {width: 9.5em; height: auto;}
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
ITTechNut

Changing Fonts

A simple one to get some folks started. You can adjust the fonts the WebUI uses. Currently by default this is -

body {
    font-family: Roboto,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
} 

You could delete the "Roboto" and change your font to Arial, or change it for any other font you have available. You could even import fonts available on the web.

@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,700);
body {
font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;
}

Here I've imported the Open Sans font from google fonts.

is there a way to import a font thats not hosted on googles api webfonts. If so could you please explain how to do so with a dafont font .ttf or a webfontkit

Thuzad

Hello,

On my homepage my icons of the number of episodes (picture 1) left to watch is displayed well but when I go to a series it is displayed in the middle (picture 2).

Do you have a workaround to solve the problem?

/* Make Played Indicator into Ribbon RHS */
.cardIndicators {right: -21px !important; top: 4px !important; left: initial;}
.card .playedIndicator, .card .countIndicator {width: 75px; height: 25px; border-radius: 0%; transform: rotate(45deg) !important; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; background-color: #94131E; border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; left: 110px; right: unset;}
div.playedIndicator i {transform: rotate(-45deg);}
.listItemIndicators {top: 4px !important; right: -21px !important;}
.playedIndicator {width: 75px !important; height: 25px !important; border-radius: 0% !important; transform: rotate(45deg) !important; border-style: solid !important; border-width: 1px !important; background-color: #94131E; border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1) !important; display: flex !important; align-items: center !important; justify-content: center !important;}
.progressring {right: 28px;}

/* Ribbon For Video Indicator LHS */
.videoIndicator {background: #c33 !important; left: -21px !important; top: 4px !important; width: 75px !important; height: 25px !important; border-radius: 0% !important; transform: rotate(-45deg) !important; border-style: solid !important; border-width: 1px !important; border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1) !important; display: flex !important; align-items: center !important; justify-content: center !important;}
div.videoIndicator i {transform: rotate(45deg);}

post-259220-0-80993800-1584492054_thumb.png

post-259220-0-59965300-1584492058_thumb.png

Happy2Play

Hello,

On my homepage my icons of the number of episodes (picture 1) left to watch is displayed well but when I go to a series it is displayed in the middle (picture 2).

Do you have a workaround to solve the problem?

/* Make Played Indicator into Ribbon RHS */
.cardIndicators {right: -21px !important; top: 4px !important; left: initial;}
.card .playedIndicator, .card .countIndicator {width: 75px; height: 25px; border-radius: 0%; transform: rotate(45deg) !important; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; background-color: #94131E; border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; left: 110px; right: unset;}
div.playedIndicator i {transform: rotate(-45deg);}
.listItemIndicators {top: 4px !important; right: -21px !important;}
.playedIndicator {width: 75px !important; height: 25px !important; border-radius: 0% !important; transform: rotate(45deg) !important; border-style: solid !important; border-width: 1px !important; background-color: #94131E; border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1) !important; display: flex !important; align-items: center !important; justify-content: center !important;}
.progressring {right: 28px;}

/* Ribbon For Video Indicator LHS */
.videoIndicator {background: #c33 !important; left: -21px !important; top: 4px !important; width: 75px !important; height: 25px !important; border-radius: 0% !important; transform: rotate(-45deg) !important; border-style: solid !important; border-width: 1px !important; border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1) !important; display: flex !important; align-items: center !important; justify-content: center !important;}
div.videoIndicator i {transform: rotate(45deg);}

attachicon.giffirefox_RaLvGu0GLa.png

attachicon.giffirefox_hXO7cWltyC.png

Did you see this? You will need to add borders back in.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36755-some-css-fixes-tweaks/?p=858211

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
danergo

Guys, I know this is not possible directly from CSS, but most users in this topic is involved in some customization and I didn't want to open a new topic.

I'd like to add a new link (a href...) to the sidebar, let's say between "Sign out" and "Settings", what shall be the easiest way doing it?

5eb988c263a79_emby_newmenu.png

Happy2Play

Guys, I know this is not possible directly from CSS, but most users in this topic is involved in some customization and I didn't want to open a new topic.

I'd like to add a new link (a href...) to the sidebar, let's say between "Sign out" and "Settings", what shall be the easiest way doing it?

5eb988c263a79_emby_newmenu.png

Similar to this

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85931-emby-server-4508-hamburger-menu-usability-defect/page-2&do=findComment&comment=880823

• 1 month later...
danergo

Thanks, Happy2Play!

One more question regarding custom CSS: is there any way to put "@media (min-size: xy)" config? Does not seem to be taken into account if I do that.

• 4 months later...

Hi all I've had a look round but cannot find anything specific to what I'm looking for but is it possible to add a notes field/text box into my user accounts either when creating a user or an already created user via CSS or other method, thank you 

Edited by gtxr24

• 1 month later...
On 08/11/2020 at 22:06, gtxr24 said:

Hi all I've had a look round but cannot find anything specific to what I'm looking for but is it possible to add a notes field/text box into my user accounts either when creating a user or an already created user via CSS or other method, thank you 

Not possible via css alone, would need injecting into the html by javascript i think which isn't my area, maybe one of the lads can assist though..

• 1 year later...
pjkottke

I have been looking at using spectrograms to help locate positions in movies. My current solution is to use the custom CSS to have the logo (which contains the spectrogram image, attached) span the full width (attached). It would look better/be more function if I could instead show the spectrogram behind the seekbar. Is there a way with custom CSS to add the logo image to the seekbar element?

image.png

Screenshot 2022-06-10 091616.png

pjkottke
3 hours ago, pjkottke said:

I have been looking at using spectrograms to help locate positions in movies. My current solution is to use the custom CSS to have the logo (which contains the spectrogram image, attached) span the full width (attached). It would look better/be more function if I could instead show the spectrogram behind the seekbar. Is there a way with custom CSS to add the logo image to the seekbar element?

image.png

Screenshot 2022-06-10 091616.png

Got it close to what I want, just need to figure out the way to link to the correct logo based on the current video. Any ideas?

.emby-slider {
background-image: url("http://lontra:8096/emby/Items/72650/Images/Logo?tag=6811076dab7e29c60d9d7a7b9083042c&quality=90") !important;
opacity: 1 !important;
background-size: 100% 100% !important;
}

image.thumb.png.037f6c6ee4df1ac903b82f360c33b261.png