SlingTV plugin

oldschool

Beardyname

This will only happen if Sling has some sort of API that allows 3rd party apps with an active subscription can hook into their interface, as far as i can tell i could not find such a thing so for now it does not seem possible.

they have their app on just about every platform, or are working on it at least. i don't see much incentive for them to create an open api so I wouldn't be too hopeful.

oldschool

Might it be possible just to add an icon so you can switch between programs, similar to the way the Kodi/XBMC launcher is embedded just as an icon on the Windows Media Center front page? Then, when you switch apps from MBT to the SlingTV, it closes the app and opens SlingTV and brings the focus to it, and then after you're done, you return to MBT? That might be a workaround outside of actual APIs or embedded functionality.

Just be sure it is legal.  Other projects don't concern themselves as much with that but we want to stay 100% legit on what we provide access to.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Slingbox and Slingtv are two separate and unrelated technologies.

Slingbox is a piece of hardware that lets you record television and movies to watch later.

Slingtv is a new internet streaming service from Dish Network. It costs $20 a month and has about a dozen popular cable channels including ESPN. Additional channels can be purchased in content packs that cost $5 or more per month.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Ok, to my knowledge there is no way to do this. They don't allow any third party apps to touch their streams.