Momentary pause while switching resolutions

wraslor

wraslor

I would like to throw this out for consideration in the future (if it's not already planned)  Is there a way to implement a few sec pause while our resolution changes when starting a movie?  Most of the time it doesn't matter but sometimes I'll miss the first few secs of a video while i'm waiting for the hdmi handshake to finish and go from 1080/60 to 1080/24 etc.

Thanks for the consideration.

swhitmore

Most of the time it doesn't matter but sometimes I'll miss the first few secs of a video while i'm waiting for the hdmi handshake to finish and go from 1080/60 to 1080/24 etc.

Is that what that is? I first noticed the few seconds of black/no video with my new home theatre setup. I didn't know what the hell it was. Is there any way to fix it? I can't use video backdrops because the screen goes black for a few seconds when they start.

Della Dog

Anyone else noticing lip sync issues with Madvr & 24fps? Been playing with it some today and I only notice it with this combination. Perhaps related to non full screen exclusive?

wraslor

Is that what that is? I first noticed the few seconds of black/no video with my new home theatre setup. I didn't know what the hell it was. Is there any way to fix it? I can't use video backdrops because the screen goes black for a few seconds when they start.

I'm not sure as I'm not in the alpha but if you have madvr setup to switch resolutions and refresh rates then yes that would be your problem, I experience it on classic to external mpc-hc player.  XBMC has a feature for to pause while the handshake takes place, which is why i thought I'd ask about it not a must have but a nice extra.

PDCINC: The exclusive mode could be it, I did see someone else posting about dropped frames when not in exclusive mode.  Have you verified the same files play fine in a different player?  Is it right at the start or further into the movie?  You could try playing in mpc-hc with madvr as your renderer and turn on and off exclusive mode there just to narrow it down a little too.

• Like 1

No, there is nothing you can do about that.  It simply takes time for the entire display chain to change it's format and then sync up.  It will happen with any display.

Della Dog

PDCINC: The exclusive mode could be it, I did see someone else posting about dropped frames when not in exclusive mode.  Have you verified the same files play fine in a different player?  Is it right at the start or further into the movie?  You could try playing in mpc-hc with madvr as your renderer and turn on and off exclusive mode there just to narrow it down a little too.

My next move, thanks.