Small Issues with NextPVR

jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

Hello,

I'm using NextPVR with MB3 and a Hauppauge HDPVR.  I got everything working, but I notice two issues and I'm not sure if the problems are with my setup or if these are things still to be ironed out.

First is a very minor one.  It takes a while for the HDPVR to fire up and start streaming and the various MB clients seem to time out.  When I click "Retry" they start streaming no problem.  Is there a way to increase this timeout?  It happens on the Windows 8.1 client.

Second, I am having problems with the recording scheduler.  I go through the process to setup a series recording and sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I think I have it narrowed down to when you set it to record anytime on the same channel.

Just want to reach out and see if anybody else is having these type of issues.

Thanks,

Jason

For the first question, no idea...

For the second question. It doesn't do any recording at all then? Or he records only 1 show...

When you browse to the nextpvr client. You also don't see any recording?

Can you also post your logs?

See my signature for a how-to

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
emveepee

I'm guessing the blasters won't work but i'd have to review the hauppauge sdk to confirm.

That would basically make the HDPVR useless since it doesn't have a tuner built in.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

SHSPVR

That would basically make the HDPVR useless since it doesn't have a tuner built in.

Martin

It not use less he just have make use of the blast.exe I think

How ever I should point out you only be able to use one IR Blaster unless it the HVR-22xx model

emveepee

It not use less he just have make use of the blast.exe I think

How ever I should point out you only be able to use one IR Blaster unless it the HVR-22xx model

I meant useless without support for external tuning of some form. Also there are alternatives to Hauppauge too, IP tuning, firewire tuning (which i use) and blaster software that don't have Hauppauge limitations.

Martin

SHSPVR

I meant useless without support for external tuning of some form. Also there are alternatives to Hauppauge too, IP tuning, firewire tuning (which i use) and blaster software that don't have Hauppauge limitations.

Martin

Ok

Yes I know all about IP tuning that only apply the DirecTV box any way as far I know of and as for Firewire tuning it RIP with Windows 64 bit OS any way