Important notes about the new beta (251)

ebr

Smitty018210

I made it so that you could use the IBN General directory to provide different images for those items.

ImagesByName Folder

Cool, I should just create a folder for each and throw the .png in there I want to use? Second Question I notice that also is it my gamebrowser as well. Should add recent added games and systems folders as well? How should I name Genres folder for each? TvGenres and Game Genres?

Edited by Smitty018210

I'll take a look at GB config shouldnt be too difficult to create a GUI, but we'll see

Will you eventually phase out the legacy view, i hope not. But when we talk about legacy view i guess you are referring to all the option in the config for movies by genre, favourites, etc.

Just wondering if there will be any major impact to us themers.

That would be great, Cheese and, no, I don't envision ever removing the old folder-based browsing from MBC.

• Like 1

Smitty018210

I made it so that you could use the IBN General directory to provide different images for those items.

ImagesByName Folder

@@ebr I've Gotten some not all of the images to work, but I was wondering if

C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views

might be a better location as some of the folders already exist there.

`thanks!

I have admit I was wrong about this. Now that I have had time with this change I think I'm on board with it.

Edited by Smitty018210

pritch33

Ok I almost have my old school look back LOL missing Genre and it seems thats how it will be if I choose to keep a old style look. The other thing I am missing in MBC is my background image it has defaulted back to a modded media center background I have. Is there a way to change my image back to the movie theater image I was using.? To set everything back to my old look I followed AdrianW instructions and not the legacy option 

Thanks 

Ray

AdrianW

To set everything back to my old look I followed AdrianW instructions and not the legacy option 

If you want to keep the "Movies by Genre" option on the EHS you could still use the Legacy option. I don't think ebr will be taking that away any time soon.

It might actually be preferable to use the Legacy browsing option - as it would allow you to use the combined views option for other clients while keeping the "classic" look and feel in MBC.

pritch33

If you want to keep the "Movies by Genre" option on the EHS you could still use the Legacy option. I don't think ebr will be taking that away any time soon.

It might actually be preferable to use the Legacy browsing option - as it would allow you to use the combined views option for other clients while keeping the "classic" look and feel in MBC.

No probs I will have a play around. enabling legacy does give me back my background image though just the way I like it. Thanks for the help 

Douglas_D

Regarding #3, I ran into an issue this evening when using the "next up."  We watched an episode of a TV show we are currently watching and when we finish, we hit "next" to move onto the next episode, but unfortunately it just moves to the next "next up" episode instead of moving to the next episode in the tv series.  I tried going back to the "next up" view, but it didn't show the next episode.  I imagine I'd have to go out back to either the main menu or the main WMC menu before the interface would update.

LASooner

Figured it out, just created a new media folder that redundantly scans the same movie and TV directories, named it Favorites, and have remember folder indexing checked. Now that entry will only show her favorites.

Maybe it's just being hypersensitive, but I feel like the new browsing is faster than the legacy browsing mode. Which is why I wanted to find a way to keep it. Am I correct in this observation or is it a placebo? 

georgewill76

Hi Ebr

In reply to post 22, I can see the icons/posters in the web client view but in MBC I don't see any of them.  For some reason it is showing old images that I used a long time ago.  I don't have those images anymore as the new ones are saved and stored in my imagesbyname folder.

Hi Ebr

In reply to post 22, I can see the icons/posters in the web client view but in MBC I don't see any of them.  For some reason it is showing old images that I used a long time ago.  I don't have those images anymore as the new ones are saved and stored in my imagesbyname folder.

Try deleting your imagecache folder on the MBC machine.  If that doesn't fix it, then those images are still somewhere on your server.

Regarding #3, I ran into an issue this evening when using the "next up."  We watched an episode of a TV show we are currently watching and when we finish, we hit "next" to move onto the next episode, but unfortunately it just moves to the next "next up" episode instead of moving to the next episode in the tv series.  I tried going back to the "next up" view, but it didn't show the next episode.  I imagine I'd have to go out back to either the main menu or the main WMC menu before the interface would update.

Yes, that "next" button goes to the next item in the list from whence you came.  In this case, that will be the next next up series.

moviefan

That would be great, Cheese and, no, I don't envision ever removing the old folder-based browsing from MBC.

Thanks ebr!

inzombyac

Can someone provide an XML example for Windows games for Gamebrowser?  I saw the thread which has several emulators, but no Windows games.  The thread is locked as well.

Smitty018210

@@inzombyac

I think this what you are looking for.

<anyType xsi:type="GameSystem">
      <Name>Game_Name</Name>
      <Executable>C:\Program Files (x86)\Game_Folder\Game.exe</Executable>
<Switches />
    </anyType>

Edited by Smitty018210
  • Like 1

inzombyac

Is there a way to disable the Connect functionality in this release?  I'm having a weird issue where if the server is suspended and I open MBC, I get the pin screen even though I have already configured the client to the server and checked the "Wake Server" option in the Advanced settings.  From the logs it tries to wake and then gives up.  This seems to bring up the Connect pin dialog instead.  If I cancel and go back in, it usually works as the server is already awake by then.  It seems as if MBC is not giving the server enough time to wake up.  Here's a link to a log of a session where this happened if this helps:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9445055/MBClassic-7220156bd89371e3a841e0b2f23e1dadf83126.log

no, not disable, but we can make it smarter to handle that situation because i don't think that will be too uncommon.

Please post new issues and questions in a new thread.  @@inzombyac create a new topic with an MBC log when that happens and I'll see what can be done about that situation.