Metadata Locks Being Reset

Theodore

Theodore

Server version: 3.0.5490.2

I am going through my media collection to make sure everything has artwork and all available metadata. I have locks set at the top level "Movies" to lock Name, Overview, Genres, and People. I also set the same metadata locks set on the individual titles when I initially add them. 

However this morning I was going through older titles that I had when upgrading from MB2 and getting them fully populated when I noticed something potentially pretty bad (for my anal-retentive filing at least). I would select a title and set my locks under Metadata Settings for Name, Overview, Genres, and People then click "Save". When the "Item Saved." dialog went away I would go back up and click "Identify" and select the movie. All available information now populated, I click "Save" again. Now scroll down to Metadata Settings and all of the locks set have been reverted to "On".

Is this as bad as it looks? When autotasks run for People and Library run, is it going to potentially mess up the data I set manually? If I set those locks at the top level, shouldn't that automatically pass down to the subfiles like it does if I were to click the check box for "Lock this item to prevent future changes"?

Thanks!

Theodore

Doesn't "Identify" re-set all the metadata because you are re-identifying the item?

That would be good to know, but why did that change? Before I updated a couple weeks ago this was definitely not the case. I could set the individual locks, click identify to grab all info, and the locks would still be set...

Theodore

I have put both of the logs with edits today here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yesi4sdojv1dahc/AADMmYY2RW3tP6sf4nqx20t7a?dl=0 

The last two instances of this were for movies "Van Wilder (2002)" and "V-H-S (2012)"

On Van Wilder, I set the locks and saved then went through "Identify" for all information and the locks reset.

On VHS, I set the locks and saved then went through "Advanced Refresh" and selected "Add missing data only" with no image download and the locks ALSO reset.

Thank you!

Theodore

I am still going through it, but I think i just figured it out. Under Metadata --> Savers --> Metadata readers, I've always had it set to "Media Browser XML". Looks like this got reset to NFO instead.

Still verifying, but I'll report back if setting that back got it resolved.

Theodore

Ok, I am pretty sure it something with the switch to NFO information. Since I have always used XML, I can only *ASSUME* that it was switched to the NFO metadata store at the last server update. I didn't look at all my settings after doing the update to say one for sure way or another.

I have gone through about 30 movies to make sure the locks are set then tried both "Add missing data only" as well as re-doing the "Identify". In both instances on all movies the locks stayed.

I verified on my NAS that permissions are sufficient to write and modify data so it isn't permissions. I verified the XMLs and the NFOs are getting the proper inherited permissions and are not set to read only, so it isn't that.

This might be a wild goose chase, but the issue appears to be with writing the NFO data. Switching back to XML solved the issue immediately - which is fine for me since that is what I prefer anyways.

Thanks guys!