MetaBrowser and MediaBrowser

scharbag

scharbag

I have a quick question.  I use metabrowser to sort files to the proper locations automatically.  It also downloads all of the metadata and images.  Is there a recommended way to use these two programs together to ensure that everything will work well?

Cheers,

sfnetwork

I would personally suggest to disable all unnecessary fetching from MB3 server if MetaBrowser does it already. (except some necessary for MB3 features like upcoming)

I made some feature requests to MetaBrowser about MB3 that all got completed by Fatal (actually update was released today, 2.3.3).

In combination with Luke's work to have MB3 fully read XBMC structure, I found the perfect settings in both to have everything working, nothing missing and a much simpler folder/file structure.

On top of that, now, also, MetaBrowser had the automated boxset shortcut creation based on TMDB collection (and MB3 finishes up with metadata).

Let me know if you are also using it for XBMC or just for MB3, I'll show you all settings.

Edited by sfnetwork

• 3 weeks later...
aspdend

I have been using metabrowser with MB3, although with preference to MB3 currently and I'd also like to see those settings as well please.

• 3 months later...
scharbag
2014-03-02 13:14:27.6311 Error - App: Invalid local metadata found for: \\share\dir\file1
2014-03-02 13:14:28.4521 Error - App: Invalid local metadata found for: \\share\dir\file2

Hope this is not a duplicate post...

I have started to get the above errors after the latest update (file name removed).  Just wondering if there is an optimal way to have MediaBrowser and MetaBrowser work on the same set of media.  I don't allow MediaBrowser to save metadata or sort files, yet, and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on what settings to use with the new server and MetaBrowser.

Thanks again for a great HTPC software package.

Cheers,

we'd need more information in order to answer that, e.g. specific examples along with example data

Koleckai Silvestri

I use metabrowser with MB3 only and I would like to see these settings you are talking about please.

I have been using metabrowser with MB3, although with preference to MB3 currently and I'd also like to see those settings as well please.

You can access the global Metadata Settings by going into the MediaBrowser dashboard and selecting Metadata off the left menu. To turn off all of MediaBrowser3's collection uncheck "Download Metadata and images from the internet". To control it with more finetuning, select the different media types using the tabs at the top and adjust each as necessary.