Issues seeing file and folder names

sharrisct25@hotmail.com

sharrisct25@hotmail.com

So I love MB even more now that I got rid of all the xBoxes for Roku boxes that boot faster, take less power, and are alot easier for my wife to use.  The problem is that when we try to enter media folders outside of the TV and Movies that have all the metadata there is no folder or file names.  This makes it very hard to browse home videos and photos.  Is there something i am not doing right here?  If not is there still a plan to fix this?  Works on my android client no problem.

I have searched and either I am not doing it in the right forum or there is nothing resent on this.  Last year there were some references to this being in a beta release but I can not figure out if that is still pending or not.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
semantiks

I am having a similar issue.  I have installed MB on the PC with all of the media files, and have set the libaries up.  Now, I am having an issue with file names showing up on ROKU.  They work fine on my LG smart tv...MB shows up, click, and within seconds there are the files to peruse...On MB for Roku, the files show up, but not any names....anyone have any idea how to fix this?

semantiks

Yeah, I went through every aspect of the * menu...no good.  It is for my autistic son, so not having the names on there really threw him for a loop.  I spent hours trying to get it to work.  It shows up fine on my Smart TV....no issues at all.  But through the Roku2, everything showed up, but nothing was titled...

I have the apps still on the roku, but for right now, we had to download the roku media app...which searches for servers that are connected...and through that app, everything shows up fine.  

Now, I have to find a way to get rid of all of those pesky cast/crew folders....I imagine I can delete db folders and then rescan.

in the * menu if you pick the thumb view instead of posters, the thumb tiles will have the text underneath.

semantiks

Thanks....that seemed to help the main issue.  I also had to restart the ROKU in order for it to work.  But, that definitely helped. Much appreciated.  

Also, please try the latest beta and let me know if that's any better. Unfortunately that poster layout doesn't display the title underneath, so we have to use the bubble popup, which is fine and actually the text ends up bigger. If you want the text underneath the poster you have to switch to the thumb view with the smaller 16 * 9 tiles.

• 2 weeks later...