#21 Xzener OFFLINE  

Xzener

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 3113 posts
  • Local time: 09:52 PM
  • LocationLemoore, CA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

Thanks. I will have a look at this over the weekend. Most of my MKVs are bluray rips including .pgs for subtitle streams. I wonder what takes precedents during playback if both are provided.

#22 EduardoSantos OFFLINE  

EduardoSantos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Local time: 01:52 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

News?

#23 Xzener OFFLINE  

Xzener

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 3113 posts
  • Local time: 09:52 PM
  • LocationLemoore, CA

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

Sorry for the delay. I cannot get the movie to play using your subtitle file. Its only picking up my .pgs streams during playback. Unable to duplicate. I will try to remux without the .pgs streams.

#24 LupisDominus OFFLINE  

LupisDominus

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 04:52 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:38 AM

I have this problem too.  Seems to happen more often on my tv series.  I have played around with encoding them in other formats, but they always play too fast.  Seems to be perfectly fine on my computer -as others have stated- but the Roku plays them too fast.

I need the subtitles, as I set this up for my elderly mother who is hard of hearing.  I love Emby, but I might look into something else if I can't get these to work right.

I mean, whats the point of doing all this work to set this up for her, and have the subtitles be out of sync so often?

Maybe if I lowered the transcoding quality?  Would that help things sync up better if I do that?

I'm thinking I should have stuck with my original plan of using Windows Home Server 2011 :P  At least I know it sends media properly.

I just really like the user friendly interface of the Roku client.  Easy to use for a technology challenged older person.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subtitles, transcode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users