"Sort by" greyed out

reluctantflux
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

reluctantflux

I apologize if I'm just being stupid, but I can't sort any of my mediabrowser lists.  The "Sort by" and "Descending" are greyed out.  I tried searching the forums/google, but couldn't find anything.  I went through a ton of settings, but didn't find anything that would lock down those view settings.  

Using Kodi 14.0 with most up to date MBS and Titan Mediabrowser theme.

I've attached a screen shot showing the greyed out-ness.  I'd really prefer to be able to sort my TV Shows by most recently added.

Thanks!

post-8787-0-27834800-1422539583_thumb.jpg

Vidman

Try the context menu for sort options

Edit: I just noticed you said you're using titan skin... I'm not sure the above applies in this case

Edited by Vidman

reluctantflux

Lost my remote connection so hopefully it comes back and I can test this.  I do know that I have "Enable Fast Processing" turned on.  How can I tell if I'm running the beta or not?

Setup:
Kodi Helix 14.0
ServerWMC 1.0.0.52 build 1175 on a Windows 8.1 Pro w/WMC
PVR WMC Client 0.3.108
Titan Mediabrowser skin 3.2.30
Mediabrowser Server 3.0.5498.12299

ETA: Nevermind. Found it.  I'll install the beta when I have access again.   

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9984-kodi-beta-repo/

Edited by reluctantflux

xnappo

Ok - let me know if it is not fixed - can't remember if I specifically checked in Series view.

Edited by xnappo

reluctantflux

It's changeable now, but it doesn't appear to be working.  Which meta data is it reading?  There's no reason Cowboy Bebop should be this high on the list when sorted by date order.  Maybe file modified date, but not episode release date.

post-8787-0-83257900-1422574002_thumb.png

reluctantflux

I'm just going to TV Shows -> TV Shows (entire collection) and then sorting by date.  Looking at the files in a browser, it appears to be sorting by the Show's folder last modified date, instead of the individual files.  

In the example of:

Show\Season\Episode.mkv

It's sorting by date modified of the "Show" folder.

Also, in relation to my original issue, sorting settings are now enabled on the sub-menu items of "TV Shows" and "In Progress" but not "Recently added", "Unwatched", or "Genres".  I don't really care if those other one's don't work, but I thought I'd mention it. 

I'm not familiar with "NextUp".  Basically, I'm working on transitioning from WMC, which I use RecordedTVHD, and was hoping to keep a similar sorting option for the transition for a better WAF.  Basically, RecordedTVHD has one posterart/banner per show, and the show with the most recently added episode is in the prime position, and then descends accordingly.  This keeps my archived shows at the bottom of the list, as I only ever watch them rarely, and keeps new and updating shows at the forefront and quick access.  I hope that makes, sense, I can post a vid if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by reluctantflux

xnappo

I understand what you are going for, but am not sure how to get the MB3 data to work with the XBMC interface at the series level.  Yes, some nodes do not have sorting ability enabled.  I will look this weekend.

reluctantflux

Since folders' "date modified" change when a file is added within that folder, but not a subfolder, I believe I can resolve this issue by flattening my shows so that there are no Season folders.  I did check my MBS metadata, and the files have both date added and date released entries added, but yeah, I'm not sure how you could sort at a folder level based off of a sub-folder's content's metadata.

Flattening the folder structure or just dealing with the new sorting option may be the way to go.

ETA:  Maybe from a "Sort by Show" option.  Or if it adds all episodes to the view, but is able to group them into one Icon from that perspective instead of going at it from a folder level.  Dunno, just thinking in type.  Love the skin though, and wouldn't be even considering Kodi if it didn't integrate with Mediabrowser.  Thanks!

Edited by reluctantflux

xnappo

Can you get the web client to sort it the way you want? Are you saying it worked right with the context menu sort?

NextUp is the MB3 feature that attempts to do what you want from a use case point of view.

Edited by xnappo

reluctantflux

I believe the "Latest" option is doing what I want, as it has one entry per show, and is sorted by Date Added.  I'd prefer that be by Release Date, but I can live with Date Added.

post-8787-0-39556600-1422628262_thumb.jpg

• Solution
xnappo

'Latest' shows the most recently added to the collection.  'NextUp' shows the next show in an episode, and can be sorted by show title, or AI based on what you have been watching recently.

• Like 1

reluctantflux

Oh cool!  I hadn't played anything with this MBS install, so it had been coming up empty and I thought it was just busted (I know, I'm an idiot).  I marked some stuff as watched, and this is exactly what I want.  Pretty cool that it only shows you the oldest unwatched instead of dumping all unwatched in there.

Thanks!