Offline videos disappeared from server

AdrianW

AdrianW

I've recently moved a bunch of my older content to a different NAS which I intend to leave switched off for the majority of the time.

I performed a full scan with both NAS's on, and all content was showing correctly.

But, today (whilst the secondary NAS is switched off) - the content doesn't show up at all.

I was expecting to see an "offline" indicator overlaid on each poster.

Is there an option somewhere to enable offline content?

This is how I have my media folders defined (Movie Archive & TV Archive) - the server "Kiyone" is the one I intend to have usually switched off:

TkAy5Xy.png

Note: The TV Archive content type is "unset" because it also contains Music Videos and Stand-Up (which I have defined as "Movies").

AdrianW

Well, after performing a library scan all my offline stuff has now appeared - but no images (i.e. posters, backdrops, logos, episode thumbs etc.) are showing in the web UI.

Although MBC is showing posters and some backdrops. Perhaps MBC is using it's own cache.

I have all my metadata and images held with my media (therefore it's currently offline), but I was under the impression that MBS cached it's own copies of all images.

MBS and MBC are both showing text based metadata (titles, overviews, cast lists, etc).

Beardyname

Well, after performing a library scan all my offline stuff has now appeared - but no images (i.e. posters, backdrops, logos, episode thumbs etc.) are showing in the web UI.

Although MBC is showing posters and some backdrops. Perhaps MBC is using it's own cache.

I have all my metadata and images held with my media (therefore it's currently offline), but I was under the impression that MBS cached it's own copies of all images.

MBS and MBC are both showing text based metadata (titles, overviews, cast lists, etc).

yes and no, the server holds a bit of cache to display the most used meta-data, but if the content you have moved is not used the images will not be in the cache. (That's my bet anyway)

AdrianW

I did some more investigation:

If I take a portion of my library offline and perform a scan - that portion is marked as offline but is still visible.

But, if I restart MBS that portion disappears entirely - it would be preferable if it stayed visible. It does come back after a scan though.

Plus, can we have an option somewhere to force MBS to cache all images? I'd like to be able to see the images for any content I have in my library that happens to be offline.

Beardyname

I did some more investigation:

If I take a portion of my library offline and perform a scan - that portion is marked as offline but is still visible.

But, if I restart MBS that portion disappears entirely - it would be preferable if it stayed visible. It does come back after a scan though.

Plus, can we have an option somewhere to force MBS to cache all images? I'd like to be able to see the images for any content I have in my library that happens to be offline.

for the plus thing, you could move all your images to a centralized location, force the server to cache all images is not a good way of doing things.