Android App and Xbox Casting Problem

Skkittlebomb

Skkittlebomb

Until a couple days ago the cast optionarrow-10x10.png on my Android App had an option to cast to Xbox One. It disappeared, and as I know there are always constant fixes and updatesarrow-10x10.png going on, I chose to wait it out a couple days. However, it still hasn't worked itself out. Is there an ongoing issue I may not be aware of?

A couple other issues that just popped up this week:

Error: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine

Configuration Backup Failed: Error backing up configuration logs. Checkarrow-10x10.png Logs

MB doesn't seem to want to allow me to download any plugins either. 

None of these things are posing any issue with my viewing MB on any of my devices within my network, or remotely. So againarrow-10x10.png, I chose to ignore them for the time being.

The only changes I have made recently are, becoming a paid member, and changing ISP's. My ports are all openarrow-10x10.png, and everything seemed to have transitioned smoothly... Apparently not =(

Any advice or direction is greatly appreciated. 

Does your xbox one show up in the web interface of the server dashboard? that would be the first thing we should figure out because the android app pulls the data from the same place. thanks.

Skkittlebomb

Yes it does. I snooped around in there... But soon realized it was too advanced for my knowledge.

Skkittlebomb

I thought I would also mention that other apps, such as You Tube, and Bubbleupnp will cast to my XBox One.

Also, not sure if it makes a difference, but I also tried running the XB1 Smartglass App before running the MB App, it didn't make a difference for me (not that I think it should - but did it just in case)

Skkittlebomb

Update:

Seems that if you open the MB app from within the Xbox Media App on the console the Cast to Xbox One option appears within the MB app on the Android Device. 

Edited to add, this may have been a mere coincidence due to the WIFI settings I mention in the post below.

Edited by Skkittlebomb

I just installed smart glass on my iPhone to check out some if the things the op mentioned, but I am not sure why the play to function shows in the android app, I unfortunately have an iPhone.

It could be DLNA or the remote functions in the MB API that the android app is accessing.

• 3 weeks later...
Skkittlebomb

Just wanted to give you some more info for the future. I have noticed that because I have both 2.4 & 5 GHz Internet, your phone or tablet MUST be on the 2.4 GHz network in order to cast to a device (in my case the Xbox One) I have also found this to be the case for casting to Chromecast. Seems the casting only works on the 2.4 GHz network. I actually had to go in to my Wifi settings on my phone and tablets and "forget" the 5 GHz Wifi as the devices kept wanting to switch to it. This completely solved my issue of the casting option not appearing within the MB App. 

Cheers! =)

Edited by Skkittlebomb
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
pir8radio

Some routers that have dual wifi segregate the traffic a little bit, DLNA, AIRPLAY and stuff like that dont always carry over between them.   I bet all of your devices that work are either wired or also on the 2.4ghz side of the router.

for example if you have xbox1 and xbox2 on 5ghz, xbox3 and xbox4 as well as your phone on the 2.4ghz your phone may only see xbox 3 and 4.. just on some routers, some actually pass it between 5 and 2.4 just fine.

Edited by pir8radio

Skkittlebomb

I have a dual band router. XOne and both 360's are hardwired. The following devices only work on the 2.4ghz : Samsung Galaxy 4 & 5, Logitech Harmony Keyboard and hub, Chromecast, Samsung Tab 2, Alcatel Tab, and D-Link live feed camera.

Skkittlebomb

... So yes your comment is correct. They are wired or work on the 2.4ghz :)