iOS Apps - Server unreachable

Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson

I'm unable to connect for my iPhone or IPad. I've tried host name, ip address, 8096 and 8945 (both are open). I'm connected to network via wifi. Server name has blue checkmark (whatever that means), but all I get is server unreachable. I've looked through server log and see nothing

Am I missing a setting or config somewhere?

Regards

mark

• 2 months later...

I had this same issue.

In the top field type only the external IP...no port no /'s. Just the IP number. Next field just the open port.

Worked for me.

edPowers

Keeping the necro alive, this server unreachable error was caused here by the media server's firewall. Once you allow traffic through the media server's firewall --whether on the two ports above and/or to the media browser application; the necessary setup depends on your firewall type-- clients will connect normally.

• 8 months later...
Longrifle

after server update to

3.0.5416 Beta Released

the iphone app will not connect to the server on either local ip or wan ip?

anyone elese having this issue?

Cheesegeezer

after server update to

3.0.5416 Beta Released

the iphone app will not connect to the server on either local ip or wan ip?

anyone elese having this issue?

This is probably down to the new security requirements which hasn't been implemented in the app.  

@@darwindeeds

techywarrior

Yes, at the moment the iPhone app won't work. An exception will be made so that the app will continue to work when the server is promoted to release.

• Like 1

Has something changed with last server update? Can no longer get anything to play on Chromecast using iPad app. Everything stalls after I press play on app and I just get chromecasts blue ring revolving but not loading anything on to my tv screen. Everything plays fine on the iPad itself but not to chromecast. Anyone else getting this problem?

johnorange

I am using  MB Mobile v1.5 and MB Server v3.0.5416.0 and have the same problem as the op. I can connect remotely via web browser with no problem, from both the intranet and the internet, but get the server unreachable error when using the MB Mobile app. Also, I think I correctly fill in the ip and port, i.e. ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, and port: 8096 as per the below:

In the top field type only the external IP...no port no /'s. Just the IP number. Next field just the open port.

Any idea why is this happening? 

Many thanks for your time.

Best,

JO

Edited by johnorange

Overseer

Getting the same issue as well. MB Mobile v1.5 and Server 3.0.5416.0. Maybe the newest server version broke something?

Ports 8096 and 8097 open on my server.

Am able to connect using Chrome on my iPhone using Chrome and the newly implemented MB Connect but not using the app itself.

johnorange

Getting the same issue as well. MB Mobile v1.5 and Server 3.0.5416.0. Maybe the newest server version broke something?

Ports 8096 and 8097 open on my server.

Am able to connect using Chrome on my iPhone using Chrome and the newly implemented MB Connect but not using the app itself.

Sorry to hear. Hope our trusted developers will look into this. Maybe somebody with an earlier MB Server release can confirm MB Mobile v1.5 works?

Best,

JO

Longrifle

ok, it has been confirmed..... the latest Beta release broke the iPhone app  due to some security issues, the iPad app should work though. its working fine for me.

StealthDefender

Any solution on this?

Withe the version bevore it worked for me on my iphone 5s.

Now igot only the server unreachable error when i go to home.

Streaming don´t work. With the Windows App it works all fine and over browser.

Greetz Stealth

Cheesegeezer

We are currently working on this and will have a resolution shortly.

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

the new beta version of the server has a fix for iOS not connecting.

However the fix for chromecast isn't yet!!

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Yep, working great here too. :)

thanks for the fix, works great on iphone now. :)

Cool, thanks for the feed back ;)

Redshirt

I'm able to connect using the iPod client. I had to delete my existing server and add the new one by IP, but it did connect.

I've just updated Media Browser on my pc... My iPhone 6 connects ok now (it didn't before) BUT my girlfriend's iPhone 4S can't connect and has the same error that I used to have before on my iPhone 6:

"Server unreachable. Check server name/ip address and port".

Is this to be expected?