FlexRAID server shares

shaefurr

shaefurr

So, Using flexraid with UNC Paths I can access the folders from from other PCs for playback, but MB server cant write to any shares even with flexraid share permissions for everyone on change or full. Tried changing the file system to non removable and disabling UAC from the flexraid forums, but doesnt seem to fix it. Only need this to work so MBS can download missing artwork. Any ideas?

Running Windows 8.1

MBS: 3.0.5054.26079

mboehler

So, Using flexraid with UNC Paths I can access the folders from from other PCs for playback, but MB server cant write to any shares even with flexraid share permissions for everyone on change or full. Tried changing the file system to non removable and disabling UAC from the flexraid forums, but doesnt seem to fix it. Only need this to work so MBS can download missing artwork. Any ideas?

Running Windows 8.1

MBS: 3.0.5054.26079

I don't have flexraid, so this may not work at all, but it's how I have to do it on my Synology NAS.  Instead of just having access to "everyone", create a user on flexraid that uses the same username and password that you are using on the PC that MB Server runs on.  Give that user read/write (full) access.

shaefurr

Well just changing the user didnt work, but manually sharing the folder in z:\pool in windows and changing the permissions worked, but then I had to remove the share in windows and re-add it into flexraid, after that it started working fine.

• Like 1

mboehler

Well just changing the user didnt work, but manually sharing the folder in z:\pool in windows and changing the permissions worked, but then I had to remove the share in windows and re-add it into flexraid, after that it started working fine.

Windows does strange things sometimes.  But at least you got it!

shaefurr

Windows does strange things sometimes.  But at least you got it!

Yeah it does, thanks for the help!