Add option to stream to Chromecast

tp546

Latchmor

Actually, are there any UK Devs that want me to send them mine to test with? Just ask as I've plenty ways to watch stuff at the moment anyway!

;)

• Like 1

ScottIsAFool

Ah ok, I won't be working on chromecast, so probably no good sending it to me :) thanks though.

Latchmor

@@ScottIsAFool No problem. I bought mine from Amazon US since they don't sell them here yet. Finished playing with it until I have a better use for it (MB!)

Happy to save a dev few £$ if they are going to make MB better!

:-)

• 2 weeks later...
JustEric78

I also saw that Plex is on the list and I really don't want yet another way to stream media over my network installed on my server. Please let me know what you guys need in regards to help to make the MB android app work with this device. I can give time, money, and my server expertise in whatever way it will help. I can stream (although it does not look very good) through the MB server and chromecast but I would love for this to work through the MB app on my phone to make it easier when at a hotel or outside of my home network etc. 

My skills are in the MS server OS (03, 08, 08 r2, 12, and 12 r2), networking, and application setup through server. Please let me know if I can help by getting involved more in any way. You guys have been so good to me over the years I would love to be able to help more in any way!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
skywalker993

This option is supposed to be very close... "we're ready to cast!" But I think not actually ready.

Hoping to hear some updates soon. MB3 looks gorgeous, and having it on Chromecast would one-up the browser interface I'm currently using through IE on XB1.

• 2 weeks later...
TheShanMan

Just curious if there are any rough guesses as to when this will be available. Waiting with bated breath! :) I'd be happy to test if that's an option.

Tikuf

It is available now to the beta testers so it wont be long until you guys get to play with it. I think Red has one bug to sort out (he can correct me if I'm wrong)

• Like 1