New inherit field

talon454

talon454

This new inherit field sucks. It screws up my TV ID fields and it has no useful purpose other than to complicate what was a simple procedure.

For example, Empire a 2015 series is not recognized properly by the server. I have been to themoviedb, imdb, and thetvdb. I've entered the correct id # and it still sees it as an older mini series. Now I can't add an ID field at all!

So now when I go to see what's upcoming, guess what? EMPIRE ISN'T THERE! I follow over 30 current TV shows and I and I have over 1.5 TB of data to maintain. I need the upcoming feature to work properly. Now I have to check each and every TV show in my TV folder to insure that I catch every other show.

C'mon guys, KISS!

post-3587-0-72421400-1421938168_thumb.png

Edited by talon454

Deathsquirrel

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Support is volunteer based by the community at large and devs that aren't necessarily getting paid to do it.  Something to consider when writing a request for support.

Personally I'm amazed how much work the devs have put in to support this function.  I'd have LONG ago said 'These are our supported media naming and organizing options.  Pick one.' and scrapped mixed folders entirely.

• Like 1

You have to name the series: Empire (2015)

b18fd6879f9257211a1976305708de8b.jpg4374f2f21767a52d77e760d7a52a44df.jpgUpcoming works just fine afterwards.

• Like 1