How is the db file created?

scalda

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help, but i would like to know what is used to create the database files that media-browser reads and writes to, is it a mysql database or an alternative.

As i would like to tie xbmc into MB3's database not just MB3 creating metadata in the folders and still have xbmc create its own database locally?

Any help is considered

TIA

Scalda

crashkelly

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help, but i would like to know what is used to create the database files that media-browser reads and writes to, is it a mysql database or an alternative.

As i would like to tie xbmc into MB3's database not just MB3 creating metadata in the folders and still have xbmc create its own database locally?

Any help is considered

TIA

Scalda

I believe it is SQLite, but I could be wrong.

I am sure a dev will chime in with the for sure answer

Cheers

Sqlite. Tying in xbmc is a great idea, but it shouldn't go directly to the db, because that's hidden behind the scenes and can change at anytime. It should go through our web based api.

Perhaps you can contribute to xnappo's project:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1286-mb3-addon-in-xbmc

Hi luke, 

i am an xbmc user and xnappo's app doesn't entice me over to to using Mb3, as if i want to access the files i can just browse to the video location and play it without the need to go through an addon

if xbmc could directly access the MB3 Database then it wouldn't need to create its own database locally which kind of creates MB3 as a backend pointless, as xbmc can and does get its own metadata if it isn't available locally.

I don't think you are going to get many xbmc users over just because MB3 creates a few bits of metadata unless you have something else in mind that we don't know about??

Yea, all of the mb3 features that the api has. I think when you see MBT you'll understand.

sorry but my first impressions of MBT is not great to be honest

And that's fine, but that's only one client. The api still has a vast feature set, which is anyone who wants to tap into the data should go through that.

Please, do not try to directly access our DB.  That will certainly only create problems for both you and us.  The published API can get you anything that is in our DB.