Server won't Install

ozchef

I had MB3 server up and running but decided to do a clean install and install to a different drive.

Now when i try to start the installer file i get

Application can not be started.  Contact application vendor.

The details are this.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.18444
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Server : cloudflare-nginx

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application, Version=3.0.1.23, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4b9d5f30d771bc4d, processorArchitecture=x86

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Online only application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/release/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [20/01/2015 21:39:46] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [20/01/2015 21:39:46] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
* Transaction at [20/01/2015 21:39:46]
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
- HRESULT: 0x0
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
- HRESULT: 0x0

What have i done wrong?

mconroy42

Did you try this? (from the FAQ section): Cannot Install Server or MBT/MBC

Did not work for me, why not just offer an install exe? This program worked fine for me months ago, I returned to see if it has improved, but alas I will not be able to enjoy something that cannot install......

NOTHING within all OpenSource projects I have ever tried has an issue like this....

mconroy42

Did not work for me, why not just offer an install exe? This program worked fine for me months ago, I returned to see if it has improved, but alas I will not be able to enjoy something that cannot install......

NOTHING within all OpenSource projects I have ever tried has an issue like this....

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.18444
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/beta/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.mb3admin.com'

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [1/21/2015 6:00:19 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.mb3admin.com'
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

+ The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.mb3admin.com'

You have a dns/network issue.  Possibly a firewall blocking it?  Or a problem with name resolution.  Can you ping that address?  Are you using IPv6?

mconroy42

You have a dns/network issue.  Possibly a firewall blocking it?  Or a problem with name resolution.  Can you ping that address?  Are you using IPv6?

I temp. disabled the firewall and same result... I can connect with that address, but it only has a link to mediabrowser.tv on it. I dont think I am using ipv6, unsure...

I am a long-time Plex user and their is an option in settings for IPv4 and 6. It makes no difference to my server if I check the IPv6 or not....

At an elevated command prompt I typed; ping www.mb3admin.com

The return message was unable to find www.mb3admin.com

Edited by mconroy42

mconroy42

Edited by mconroy42

fraenhawk

mcconry42: That's odd that you can connect to www.mb3admin.com in a web browser (I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said there's just a link to mediabrowser.tv in it) but can't ping the site. They aren't blocking ICMP requests. I just tested ping www.mb3admin.com and got immediate responses back from 104.28.22.116

edit:

ozchef: sorry, realized that your thread was hijacked and they are two completely different problems. You don't have communication problems, just install. Did you only try clearing the cache from that FAQ or try another user profile?

Edited by fraenhawk