primary image download fail

mata7

hi guys, for some reason MBS is no download my primary image "folder" i have to go and download it manually on the moviedb, does any one have this problem?

thanks in advanced

forgot to mention, i have Version 3.0.5050.37565 intalled on Windows Server 2012

Edited by mata7

asmithau

hi guys, for some reason MBS is no download my primary image "folder" i have to go and download it manually on the moviedb, does any one have this problem?

thanks in advanced

forgot to mention, i have Version 3.0.5050.37565 intalled on Windows Server 2012

Hi,

I have this same issue on a fresh setup on my parents system, same server version, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Around 30% of movies have primary image, rest of images appear to be ok though.

I can probably get a log file to you tomorrow if required.

Thanks

Adam

mguiducci

Hi, same problem... everything works fine, but it simply refuses to download the primary image IF another primary image has ever been connected with the movie.

Here's my log: I tried to refresh one movie that had a primary image extracted by the video before and it didn't work.

I added a new movie and downloaded the whole lot: worked seamlessly.

Thanks for the great work !

m.

server-theprestigefailed-thecuriouscaseok.log

that's the way it works. we don't replace images, so you have to delete the existing one first and then refresh that particular item.

sfnetwork

See post here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1714-new-xbmc-compatibility/page-2&do=findComment&comment=34727

Might be the issue (Fanart, no TMDB)... waiting for confirmation.

**Posted here just to centralized as much as possible (I think there are three tread about this in the forum, hard to keep track of the issue)

sfnetwork

SF - can you repro on the dev build?

On latest dev build; perfect. (tested the same; Alice in Wonderland)

BTW, same for backdrops (relevant when user wants more than one)

Edited by sfnetwork

asmithau

Hi All,

I can confirm that the poster issue (primary image) is fixed for me with the DEV build. Thank-you :)

There may still be some background image issues though when there are no backgrounds at Fanart.TV. THey are available at thetvdb.com

You can test this will Glee, Frasier and The West Wing.

Thanks for you efforts. Much appreciated.

Adam

mariors44

I to am having the same problem, folder and backdrops not being download when I add a movie folder. I'm using  Version 3.0.5050.37565. clear art, logo, banner, disc and folder xml file are all ok. I think it has to do with this latest release, never had this problem before.

I am having a similar issue. With mkvs, mediabrowser was using the movie clip as my primary. The logs show that the poster/metadata download plugin ran and was then followed by the movie clip plugin. Upon completion of the metatada refresh, the movie clip was my primary image.

When I disabled movie clip generation in the configuration and refreshed, the poster was downloaded successfully for some movies. For others it still failed.

OK I am having this same problem

Server Version 3.0.5050.37565. 

sample items

A Christmas Carol (1938)

Christmas in Connecticut (1945)

No posters are downloaded although they are available at IMDB and the moviedb

Thanks  - Like the new forum although I haven't registered until now

Just a follow up for others

MB3 Server upgraded to Version 3.0.5061.25570 yesterday

It appears that the image/poster downloaded is working properly now - at least manually.

I went and deleted the previous images, saved and then did a refresh.  New posters came down which previously did not.

I haven't added any new items to test - but I assume that it will be working now

Thanks

• Like 1