Stopping playback doesn't

crashkelly

crashkelly

HI,

Was just doing some testing for other purposes and have found that terminating playback via the app does not really terminate everything.

Was testing out some 3D playback that ended up getting transcoding and when I hit the stop button the app return to the movie details screen and then I backed out of the app.

When looking at the MBS Server details page it does not appear that anything is still being transcoded, but when I look at my external USB drive caddie I can see that the drive is still active.

As well, the is still an ffmpeg process running on the server.

This has happen three times now today, twice from the same TV and once from a Samsung BD Player that has the app installed on it

Not sure if the server and transcoding logs will help, but I attached them anyway

Cheers

CrashKelly

EDIT: Just testing direct streaming and that functions as it should

transcode-c9469d48-56ed-42a4-8772-7798efaf2a26.txt

server-63557197753.txt

server-63557195903.txt

Edited by crashkelly

chessdragon136

I'm relatively certain that I pass the playback state responses back to the server correctly, especially since the server is reporting no playback to you when you stop it. As to why ffmpeg does not close itself down is probably a server issue. I've tried to go through the logs but I don't have the time at the moment and there's a lot in there!

@@Luke Sorry to do this to you, but do you think this is an issue with my app or server side

if you're using the api's to mark watched then it would be an issue with your app. those api's are intended for user manually marking something as watched or unwatched. for playback there are dedicated methods for start, progress and stop, which i know you know about but just making sure you're not using the manual one after playback. if that's not it then check the ending position that is reported.

crashkelly

I'm relatively certain that I pass the playback state responses back to the server correctly, especially since the server is reporting no playback to you when you stop it. As to why ffmpeg does not close itself down is probably a server issue. I've tried to go through the logs but I don't have the time at the moment and there's a lot in there!

@@Luke Sorry to do this to you, but do you think this is an issue with my app or server side

If it would help I can clean out the logs, restart MBS, and then create the issue again

Let me know

Cheers

CrashKelly