Loading Media Browser from a batch file?

RunningMan1972
Go to solution Solved by Starkadius,

RunningMan1972

Hi does anyone know the exact name that Windows 8.1 uses for media browser from the metro start menu. I am trying to make a batch file to load media browser, this way I can put a entry to go straight to the app from media centre.

It's not media browser by the way lol..

here is an example for loading the weather app

cmd.exe /c start "" "bingweather:"

bigweather is the actual real name of the metro weather app.

any help would be appreciated

thank you

• Solution
Starkadius

I was not able to find the Win 8.1 name for the app but this worked for me inside a batch file:

explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4!App

Not sure if the name is unique per installation but if it is here is how you can get it:

1. In the Run dialog type shell:AppsFolder , This will then take you to the Applications folder that stores desktop and modern apps

2. Go to the View menu (ALT-V) , select "Choose details" and then checkmark AppUserModeId. Click Okay

54bc7f763b0ff_20150118_195054.png

3. Change the folder view (ALT-V) to "Details" and the AppUserModeId column will appear.

4. The AppUserModeId value that appears down the list for Media Browser is what will be used in the batch file.
    54bc80eec8ae1_20150118_195335.png

Edited by Starkadius
  • Like 4

RunningMan1972

Thank you so much for your response, been trying to work this out for the pass day or so.

explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4!App

worked like a charm

• Like 1