Why am I getting so many errors?

Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson

Hi Guys

I looked at the log file and I get tons of errors like this. Seems to be an issue updating the meta data. I added a new movie and it has meta data in the folder. Form the machine where the server is running I can create folders and files everywhere, so seems unlikely to be permissions.

Where is the metadata stored? Is it in a DB or in the movie.xml files or both?

2013-11-02 07:59:00.8684, Debug, ProviderManager, Running MovieDbProvider for \\NAS\Movies\Zero Dark Thirty\ZERO_DARK_THIRTY.iso
2013-11-02 07:59:00.8684, Info, App, HttpClientManager.Get url: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/tt1790885?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en
2013-11-02 07:59:01.5724, Info, App, HttpClientManager.Get url: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/tt1790885?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers
2013-11-02 07:59:01.9984, Error, ProviderManager, MovieDbProvider failed refreshing Zero Dark Thirty \\NAS\Movies\Zero Dark Thirty\ZERO_DARK_THIRTY.iso
 Value cannot be null.
 Parameter name: file
 System.ArgumentNullException
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
    at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.d__22.MoveNext()
 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.d__6.MoveNext()
 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Providers.ProviderManager.d__c.MoveNext()

Mark Anderson

It seems this is crashing the service. I constantly have to restart it. I also can't connect from any iOS devices. I tried hostname and IP tried ports 8096 and 8945 (both open),> seems as soon as I try the service dies

The server names have a blue checkmark next to them, but when I click, I get server unreachable

Mark Anderson

Get these in event viewer

Application: MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 143C178A

followed by

Faulting application name: MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe, version: 3.0.5050.37565, time stamp: 0x5270664a
Faulting module name: pfmisofs.dll, version: 1.0.0.168, time stamp: 0x50c77fd8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000178a
Faulting process id: 0xc2c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ced827cf14e3e0
Faulting application path: C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\pfmisofs.dll
Report Id: 15dfc880-441b-11e3-ae20-d49a20d91228

Seems like a problem with the Pismo file mounter, no?

Edited by Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson

I'm totally dead in the water with this. The service or app (whichever way I run it) dies all the time. Even with service recovery, it's unusable. I went into config file (because the UI doesn't stay up long enough) and set download from internet providers, all image types and extract chapter images to false, but it's still crashing with the ISO's. Is there anything I can do to stop it trying to read iso's (I can revert to meta browser temporarily for the meta data), but I just can't use it the way it is.

What else tries to read the ISO?

Regardsmark

how do you know that that's the problem? those event viewer messages are not helpful to us. we need server logs

Ok, I didn't know the log was for the same problem. For future reference can you not zip them up. I'm unable to view it directly in the browser.

the errors in the log are all things we should be able to recover from. try grabbing the server dev build and seeing if that helps