DLNA profile for LG WebOS TV

Serios

rafivanatv

Apply == stream directly to TV.

Now I tried with Emby with this LG Smart+ profile, but this also not sending the srt to my TV.

Also, when I try playing back the video in the web browser locally, it displays the subtitle settings, and lists my subtitle, however, subtitles are not displayed. :(

Here is a capture from MediaMonkey that was able to stream external subtitle for exvid-taken2.avi (exvid-taken2.hu.srt):

http://pastebin.com/McCGupmd

And here is the one produced by Emby (subtitles are not working for the same video):

http://pastebin.com/xLyqGYSa

Emby should send the subtitles like the following guide:

https://git.popcorntime.io/popcorntime/desktop/merge_requests/17

@@danergo did you install the dev version of Emby server?

The official release of Emby server has a bug for the external subtitles over DLNA.

As far as I know, for now, only the dev version has the fix for the external subtitles over DLNA.

danergo

Hey, thank you.

I'm now able to use it as I want. I put Emby onto Linux with mono, and it streams my subtitles nice and smoothly with less than 5% CPU usage on the NAS. :)

• Like 1

danergo

However, now I find myself in a strange situation.

I've downloaded a fullHD movie. It's an mkv with dts audio (h264 and dca, if I'm not mistaken).

And I can't convince Emby to not transcode it but send directly.

Even in the transcode log it seems that directplay is allowed:

http://pastebin.com/1473RfW4

For directplay in my profile there is:

Container: mkv

Video Codec: h264

Audio Codec: aac,ac3,mp3,dca,dts

For Codecs removed everything to not have any conditions.

What do you think, why Emby wants to transcode my mkv?

Thank you,

Best Regards

Edited by danergo

psxlover

Click the second from the right icon on the top right of the web interface --> Settings --> Playback settings.

What's the value of "Max streaming bitrate"?

danergo

Max streaming bitrate is set to 30Mbps.

This mkv needs about 12-15Mbps.

I also did another test: I copied the movie onto an USB stick to check if the TV is able to play this at all.

It was able to do that smoothly.

So somehow I need to tell Emby that it should only passthrough the movies instead of converting.

What else do I need to test?

Do you need any more logfiles maybe?

Thank you.

psxlover

Can you post the "Media Info" that's on the bottom of the video page? Sometimes it doesn't populate correctly so emby doesn't know what to do with the video and it transcodes it.

Also post the server log too.

Edited by psxlover

Happy2Play

Max streaming bitrate is set to 30Mbps.

This mkv needs about 12-15Mbps.

Your log in post 104 says different ("BitRate":24900884.) but still below 30Mbps.

I also did another test: I copied the movie onto an USB stick to check if the TV is able to play this at all.

It was able to do that smoothly.

And almost all devices handle DLNA and USB differently.  So unless the manual says they  are handle the same you can't really compare the two.

Edited by Happy2Play

danergo

Can you post the "Media Info" that's on the bottom of the video page? Sometimes it doesn't populate correctly so emby doesn't know what to do with the video and it transcodes it.

Also post the server log too.

Of course, here it is: http://i.imgur.com/6yeUF1R.png

Server log: http://pastebin.com/iAgCpcuv

Transcode log: http://pastebin.com/YBN3x629

I now connected my TV via cable (I was using Wifi before), but no change.

Thank you,

Regards

Edited by danergo

danergo

Your log in post 104 says different ("BitRate":24900884.) but still below 30Mbps.

And almost all devices handle DLNA and USB differently.  So unless the manual says they  are handle the same you can't really compare the two.

I've tried the same video from a Synology DS, and it was played correctly on the same TV...

psxlover

Can you select "Enable DLNA debug logging" in DLNA settings, restart your server and then post your server log again? My guess is it's forcing transcoding because of the "PGSSUB" subtitles.

danergo

Here is the new server log with debugging enabled: http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?067f531ef08dab0f#4jLiQ0gJ3Qrhyjz3o9PUBH9bfPy6BTTaIKwCtYKbonQ=

(sorry, I had to leave pastebin because of filesize issues)

And here is the transcode log which I believe is the same as before: http://pastebin.com/48v3PkYd

There is also an SRT among the subtitles however.

And I think it's not the best to re-encode just because some subtitles. Especially if there are more options, but this is just a 'minority report'. :)

Edited by danergo

Happy2Play

You have a limit somewhere not set properly.

2015-08-22 21:40:31.5018 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit

Somewhere it is limited to (bitrate="10000000").

Edited by Happy2Play

psxlover
2015-08-22 21:40:01.7305 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit
2015-08-22 21:40:01.7305 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit 
2015-08-22 21:40:01.7305 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Profile: LG Smart TV, Path: /media/storage/movies/Fast.and.Furious.7.2015.EXTENDED.REMUX.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA7.1-iFT/Fast.and.Furious.7.2015.EXTENDED.REMUX.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA7.1-iFT.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: False, isEligibleForDirectStream: False

Two problem here. First even though those "Bitrate exceeds..." appear before the file in question, judging from the timestamp my guess is it refers to that file, so that's the reason it transcodes.

The second is that the profile "LG Smart TV" is not the one from this thread, this one is named "LG Smart+ TV". Are you sure that you put it in your "config\dlna\user" path? It is currently using the default one which has a limit of 10Mbps.

Edited by psxlover
  • Like 1

danergo

Hi!

Thank you for both of you, that was my problem. Max bitrate was set to 10MBps in the DLNA profile itself as well.

After raising this to 30 the problems around transcoding are gone. :)

@psxlover:

I used the LG Smart TV profile with my modifications, because somewhy the profile linked in here didn't worked with the subtitles.

I retried again, and direct streaming works fine with the "LG Smart+ TV" profile, but the subtitles are not.

Here is my server log with this profile: http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?40c92bb3f7988740#LtDd6diTzQJVawDtOXvZyTz0sCK46kGbsRmHEwoxWr4=

So I modified the standard LG Smart TV profile instead which now have all the things I need:

• can directplay anything
  • can add external subtitles

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/bimR1ZNi

Thank you again for your support I really appreciate that.

D.

Edited by danergo

• 1 month later...

If the video needs transcoding then you can't fast forward/backward. You can see if the video is transcoding, but checking if ffmpeg is running on your pc while you watch the video.

What's the media info of the videos you are trying to fast forward and can't?

Hello,

thanks for answer and sorry for the late reply.

The media info of one is:

Video

CodecMPEG4

ProfilAdvanced Simple Profile

Level5

Auflösung624x352

Seitenverhältnis16:9

AnamorphNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate25

Bitrate813 kbps

Bit-Tiefe8 bit

Pixelformatyuv420p

Container: avi

Audio
CodecMP3

Darstellungstereo

Kanäle2 ch

Bitrate187 kbps

Sample-Rate48000 khz

VoreinstellungNo

and the other one e.g. is:

Video
CodecMPEG2VIDEO

ProfilMain

Level8

Auflösung720x576

Seitenverhältnis16:9

AnamorphNo

InterlacedYes

Framerate25

Bitrate4086 kbps

Bit-Tiefe8 bit

Pixelformatyuv420p

Audio
CodecMP2

Darstellungstereo

Kanäle2 ch

Bitrate187 kbps

Sample-Rate48000 khz

VoreinstellungNo

Audio
CodecAC3

Darstellungstereo

Kanäle2 ch

Bitrate375 kbps

Sample-Rate48000 khz

VoreinstellungNo

Containermpeg

So shouldn't I be able to ff?

Thanks in advanced.

Harry

psxlover

Are you sure the profile from here is loaded instead of the default one? Judging from the model number your TV is probably NetCast, not WebOS, so this profile wont get unloaded unless if you changed the identification headers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @@psxlover,

thanks for your reply.

How do I find out if my LG-42LN5778 uses WebOs or Netcast?

Do you know how I need to change the identification headers to try out?

Greetings,

Harry

psxlover

A WebOs TV looks like this:

lg_webos_interface-100264533-large.jpg

While a NetCast like this

virtual_joey_with_lg_smart_tv.jpg

Also the WebOs models I've seen use 3 digits for their model while NetCast ones use 4. Use the headers from the default LG profile.

@@Luke, @@Serios

Hi devs, and admins. I don't know what did you do, but I have noticed, that I can change audio tracks on my LG TV.

Emby server: Version 3.0.5781.8

My tv: 47LB700V-ZG

Firmware: 5.00.15

webOS: 1.4.0-2507

Great job, Thank You.

zeroidea

In case it's of use to other LG owners:

I've been using Emby's "DLNA Play To" feature with an LG 43UF6400 (2015) 4K set, but it was always transcoding DTS/DTA audio and completely choking on 1080p videos, despite my having created a custom DirectPlay-All profile. These same files would actually play fine when browsing from the TV to Emby. Eventually I narrowed this down to the default LG Smart TV profile being used.

Since I don't know how DLNA profiles are prioritized, I zipped up the system profile (as a backup), deleted the XML, and now my custom profile is recognized and nothing's getting transcoded.

I used these fields for the profile:

Friendly name: webOs
Manufacturer: LG
Model name: LG TV
Model number: 1.0

The TV supports selecting among subtitles and audio streams within MKV's. Adding a subtitle profile for external download SRT allows one to choose, from the TV, between internal and external subs. I bookmarked a couple pages with details on supported formats, but I haven't actually tried to play any exotic formats so far, I guess.

Deihmos

All I did was add dca to the direct play profile then DTS direct played.

Edited by Deihmos