DLNA profile for LG WebOS TV

Serios

Happy2Play

@yudicuba  this profile has to be modified to see your "55LN575S" tv.

Example what log should look like if the device is properly identified:

Headers: DLNADeviceName.lge.com=LG%20Smart%2b%20TV,User-Agent=Linux/3.10.19-32.afro.4 UPnP/1.0 LGE WebOS TV LGE_DLNA_SDK/1.6.0/04.32.20 DLNADOC/1.50,Host=192.168.1.50:8096
Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: LG Smart+ TV

Your TV header is.

User-Agent: Linux/3.0.13 UPnP/1.0 LGE_DLNA_SDK/1.6.0 [TV][LG]55LN575S-ZE/04.26.01 DLNADOC/1.50
DLNADeviceName.lge.com: %5bTV%5d%5bLG%5d55LN575S-ZE

@yudicuba  this profile has to be modified to see your "55LN575S" tv.

Your TV header is.

User-Agent: Linux/3.0.13 UPnP/1.0 LGE_DLNA_SDK/1.6.0 [TV][LG]55LN575S-ZE/04.26.01 DLNADOC/1.50

Well that's quite impossible for the moment since only headers send, are the ones from freebox

Happy2Play

Well that is from his log "server-63559002190" line 7036ish.  The server sees his device on the network but isn't using the correct profile.

2015-02-08 14:28:46.2840 Debug - Dlna: M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
MX: 5
ST: upnp:rootdevice
MAN: "ssdp:discover"
Connection: close
Host: 239.255.255.250:1900
Edited by Happy2Play

Well that is from his log "server-63559002190" line 7036ish.  The server sees his device on the network but isn't using the correct profile.

2015-02-08 14:28:46.2840 Debug - Dlna: M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
MX: 5
ST: upnp:rootdevice
MAN: "ssdp:discover"
Connection: close
Host: 239.255.255.250:1900

Ohh yes, you are right. But strange I didn't noticed that in the log file but is there now...

anyway @@Happy2Play is right, so @@yudicuba

open the profile with text editor (notepad for example) and find the following

<HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="LGE WebOS TV LGE_DLNA_SDK" match="Substring" />

change it to

<HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="55LN575S-ZE" match="Substring" />

save and restart MB.

It should load the profile properly. Very sorry, for me not noticing this in the log in first place :(

Happy2Play

Snippet from log

2015-02-08 14:29:14.6306 Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: LG Smart TV
2015-02-08 14:29:14.6306 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Control request
 Headers: SOAPAction="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#GetSearchCapabilities", DLNADeviceName.lge.com=%5bTV%5d%5bLG%5d55LN575S-ZE, User-Agent=Linux/3.0.13 UPnP/1.0 LGE_DLNA_SDK/1.6.0 [TV][LG]55LN575S-ZE/04.26.01 DLNADOC/1.50, Connection=close, Host=192.168.0.24:8096, Content-Length=278, Content-Type=text/xml; charset="utf-8"
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <s:Envelope s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><s:Body><u:GetSearchCapabilities xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1"/></s:Body></s:Envelope>

I would say system "LG Smart TV" profile is being used unless this is when you renamed it.

Yes and system profile have no definition about dts in mkv or avi whatsoever.

edit:

The 55LN575S-ZE model is not using WebOS, but is using NETCAST platform. @yudicuba is that the TV you loading the profile for?

Edited by Serios

Happy2Play

bad news, the problem ff and rewind remains :(

Unfortunately this is an issue that hasn't be figured out yet.  There are several devices and threads reporting the same issue.

You might need different "Protocolinfo" more specific to your device.

I could be wrong but my understanding is "DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01500000000000000000000000000000" part of protocolinfo should control ff and rw.

Edited by Happy2Play

yudicuba

hi,

first i would like to say thank you a lot guys for your help

we can say now that MB is calling the good profile ?

the rest we will see in the future

muchas gracias ;)

• 3 weeks later...
paul777

Hi, first, thanks for the work on this. One problem I am seeing with these LG TVs is they don't support anamorphic videos - i.e. non-square pixels does anyone know if it is possible to modify the dlna profile to force transcoding of anamorphic videos? Currently many videos appear squashed with black bands down the sides.

thanks

Edited by paul777

paul777

Sorry if it should be obvious but could you provide a bit more detail about how we would implement that condition with respect to the profile at the top of this thread. I sit a new ProfileCondition inside the CodecProfiles?

Something like

<ProfileCondition condition="Equals" property="IsAnamorphic" value="true" isRequired="true" />

thanks

paul777

It looks like the code for the is anamorphic check might need some work, currently it checks if sample_aspect_ratio="0:1" this does mean anamorphic it just means that it isn't specified in the file. The actual check needs several stages

if sample_aspect_ratio="1:1" then it is not anamorphic

else if sample_aspect_ratio != "0:1" then it is anamorphic

else if display_aspect_ratio == "0:1" assume not anamorphic as neither aspect is specified if the file

else if (width/height)==display_aspect_ratio calculated as decimal then it is not anamophic

else it is anamorphic

hopefully someone can put this into the code

thanks

Paul

paul777

By way of further explanation here are some examples for files which have all the fields specified - in this case mp4 h264 files generated by handbrake

this is for a non-anamorphic file

width=1920
height=800
sample_aspect_ratio=1:1
display_aspect_ratio=12:5

and this is for an anamorphic file

width=720
height=432
sample_aspect_ratio=768:535
display_aspect_ratio=256:107

paul777

I believe the code in MediaEncoderHelper.GetMediaStream needs to look something like this - which may be better added as a helper property on the actual streamInfo

if (string.Equals(streamInfo.sample_aspect_ratio, "1:1", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))

stream.IsAnamorphic = false;

else if (!((streamInfo.sample_aspect_ratio==String.Empty) || (string.Equals(streamInfo.sample_aspect_ratio, "0:1", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))))

stream.IsAnamorphic = true;

else if (streamInfo.display_aspect_ratio==String.Empty || string.Equals(streamInfo.display_aspect_ratio, "0:1", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))

else

{

string[] ratioParts = streamInfo.display_aspect_ratio.Split(':');

if (ratioParts.Length != 2)

else

{

int ratio0;

int ratio1;

if (!Int32.TryParse(ratioParts[0],out ratio0))

else if (!Int32.TryParse(ratioParts[1],out ratio1))

else

stream.IsAnamorphic = ((streamInfo.width * ratio1) != (stream.Height * ratio0));

}

}

Serios

I remember reading somewhere, that internal player of the TV have problem with recognizing the anamorphic flag. The bad thing is I don't remember very well, if this was about older TV's or the new ones. Will try to find the info again, and run a couple of tests. Thanks @@paul777 for bringing this up.

paul777

yes it appears to be true for all LG's even the very new ones so we need to force a transcode to a non-anmorphic stream. The other thread details how far this has got but the change to the profile is to add a NotEquals condition for IsAnamorpic true. Unfortunately once the fix in the other thread is done we will still need to force a metadata refresh to extract the anamorphic flag properly. There are a number of pieces to this puzzle put it is completely achievable.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

thank you for this profile. I have 47LB700, I can see mediaserver on my TV, and play movies. But I have problem with subtitles. TV show only subtitles in mkv files, external subtitles are not visible.

P.s. My TV has correct profile in emby server.

What should I do ? Any help ? Thank You

Serios

Hi,

thank you for this profile. I have 47LB700, I can see mediaserver on my TV, and play movies. But I have problem with subtitles. TV show only subtitles in mkv files, external subtitles are not visible.

P.s. My TV has correct profile in emby server.

What should I do ? Any help ? Thank You

A log file will definitely shed some light on this

Hi, after latest update to Version 3.0.5597.0 it "magically" works.

But I have problem with disappearing emby from TV. Restart TV does not help. Attaching logs

I have run emby as root with command

mono --debug MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/mediabrowser

output is in debug.log file.

can't attach files here, so I have uploaded it to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e3qu39knjaw1dyk/AACL3ZP2CHvtQo3hswgMFYAja?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...
coudy

Hi @@Serios,

I use this profile on my LG TV LB700, but I have several problems

1. when movie is packed with 2 audio tracks, It always play track #1. I have tried to set default track to #2 (and removed default flag from track #1) with mkvpropedit, but doest not helped.
  2. I can't switch audio tracks on TV, button is grayed, and played #1st audio track.
  3. Because English is not my native language, Emby download subtitles in this order Slovak > Czech > English. If I have more than 1 subtitles for movie, TV only show 1st alphabetic subtitles. I can't switch subtitles. TV has ability to switch subtitles (tested on mkv file), but on DLNA streaming are streamed only 1st subtitles.
  4. Subtitles with Closed Captions are not streamed over DLNA, or maybe they are, but are not displayed on TV

Attaching logs. If you need something else, just write.

Thank You

server-63567405416.txt.gz

ffmpeg-sub-extract-63036ce4-0761-4a3b-8542-4ffdd33da0fd.txt

medianfo.txt

mkvinfo.txt

Edited by coudy

Serios
  1. when movie is packed with 2 audio tracks, It always play track #1. I have tried to set default track to #2 (and removed default flag from track #1) with mkvpropedit, but doest not helped.
  2. I can't switch audio tracks on TV, button is grayed, and played #1st audio track.
  3. Because English is not my native language, Emby download subtitles in this order Slovak > Czech > English. If I have more than 1 subtitles for movie, TV only show 1st alphabetic subtitles. I can't switch subtitles. TV has ability to switch subtitles (tested on mkv file), but on DLNA streaming are streamed only 1st subtitles.
  4. Subtitles with Closed Captions are not streamed over DLNA, or maybe they are, but are not displayed on TV

Hi there,

1, 2. This is known issue with Smart Share on LG TV's, that (if I remember right, the last time when checked) is not resolved yet.

Maybe tweaking user playback settings on Emby will help, try to set a preferred language and remove the check on "Play default language track regardless of language" and see if desired language track will be played, thou selecting language tracks trough the TV menu still will be unavailable at least the preferred audio track will play.

3. Not 100% here (@@Luke must confirm) but as far as I know Emby only streams 1 external subtitle "feed", again based on settings in User playback settings.

4. I don't quite get this one, what do you mean by "Subtitles with Closed Captions"?

In most European countries, people doesn't differentiate subtitles and cc, but there is a difference - while subtitles are basically textual translation of the spoken language, cc are usually textual representation of the audio and are intended for hearing impaired audiences, not necessary translation, but could be. 

So I think here you have in mind something different by Closed Captions

coudy

Hi,

you are right with 1st and 2nd question.

@@Serios, where I can find this ? On TV or on Emby ? I can't see this option on Emby.

Maybe tweaking user playback settings on Emby will help, try to set a preferred language and remove the check on "Play default language track regardless of language

3. @@Luke, please, is there any option how to stream multiple subtitles ?

4. There was problem with subtitle file. At 1st position was "dot"  left before number (.1) When I deleted that dot, then subtitles was displayed. I don't know if it is purpose to put dot at first position, or it is some conversion problem.