ImagesByName Folder Contains Non-English Character Folders

Tanamur
Go to solution Solved by crashkelly,

Tanamur

MB3 Server Version 3.0.5050.37565

MB3 Server > Tools > Metadata is set to English & United States

Hi All -

I have just noticed my ImagesByName folder contains 8-10 non-English character folder names which I have not noted before.

The folders appear to be Hebrew, Greek, Russian and Thai (see below):

Светлана Ходченкова

Юрий Степанов

שרה סילברמן

มาร์ค วอห์ลเบิร์ก

Is there any particular reason why these actor's names would be appearing in non-English characters with my settings?

Thanks, Tanamur

• Solution
crashkelly

This is just a shot in the dark as I am not sure about MB3 does all of this stuff, but I am going to guess that those foreign names were acquired from parsing the movie.xml files for actors and that that is the way those actors appear in those files,

Cheers

EDIT: I have the same type of thing in my People folder :)

Edited by crashkelly
  • Like 2

Tanamur

This is just a shot in the dark as I am not sure about MB3 does all of this stuff, but I am going to guess that those foreign names were acquired from parsing the movie.xml files for actors and that that is the way those actors appear in those files,

Cheers

EDIT: I have the same type of thing in my People folder :)

Thanks crashkelly and Luke for the answers. I did a bit of local searching on indexed files and also with Google search for occurrences of these non-English characters.

My local HDD indexed search did not return a result but Google gave the following:

Светлана Ходченкова=Svetlana Khodchenkova

Юрий Степанов=Yuri Stepanov

שרה סילברמן = Sarah Silverman

มาร์ค วอห์ลเบิร์ก = Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg

All four of these actors do already have English character folder names in IBN and I looked at all of the movies in which they occur. None are non-English productions so I am not sure what movie.xml file would have parsed to generate the people folders. Anyway, it is not a major issue but I am still not sure why Marky Mark would be appearing in Thai script based on my movie/TV collection. Also, none of the non-English script actors appear in the People section of my MB3 web client in non-English characters.

Cheers, Tanamur