Server: [People Meta] Not adhering to external metadata edits

Starkadius

Starkadius

Editing the series.xml whether manually through an editor (notepad++, notepad etc) or using a metadata editor such as metabrowser/MCM does not stay saved after a media library scan.

I have been trying to batch edit TV shows by adding or changing actors and genres using methods described above but they keep getting erased. The only way they will remain intact is if the web client metadata manager is used and added one by one which is not feasible. MediaBrowser is currently not playing nice with external metadata editors.

For the log provided I simply added one new actor in the series.xml using the following (random) example:

<Person>      
  <Name>Leslie Nielsen</Name>      
  <Type>Actor</Type>     
  <Role>Frank Drebin</Role>    
</Person>

Server Configuration:

• Metadata > Basics > Download artwork and metadata from internet Disabled
  • Metadata > Services > Disabled fetching for Series, seasons, episodes, people
  • Metadata > Advanced > Unchecked everything under People

Item configuration:

<LockedFields>Name|Overview|Genres|OfficialRating|Cast|Backdrops</LockedFields> 

Regardless of if people/cast is locked or unlocked results are the same

After a scan is completed, any changes made are gone and reverted back to the original. Even setting the series.xml as "read-only" after making changes it gets reverted.

server-63556878478-x.txt

Edited by Starkadius

Happy2Play

Was able to edit xml directly with notepad++ (with your settings listed above) but "Cast/People" had to be unlocked.  With "Cast/People" locked no manual changes were reflected.

Added Myself to 12 Monkeys Then used refresh.

<Person>
   <Name>Myself</Name>
   <Type>Actor</Type>
   <Role>Happy2Play</Role>
 </Person>

54b787568075c_addactor.png

Unfortunately MCM's genre and actor tags where never updated for series.xml so they are incompatible with MBS.

<Actors></Actors>
<Genre></Genre>
Edited by Happy2Play

ginjaninja

are the xmls intended to be multi master with the database....ie changes go both ways ie changes to xml get ingested into db, changes in db get reflected to xml....is this how its intended to work?