Force DLNA to apply DLNA profile

klapetste

klapetste

Hello,

my question is based on the understanding that for specific requirements a separate dlna profile needs to be created.

1. Start the DLNA client (Yamaha CD-N301) and found of course the following info in the server log (debug mode for dlna logs has been activated on before):

2015-01-13 20:29:04.4504 Info - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.
        DeviceDescription:
        FriendlyName:CD-N301 BAD9CD
        Manufacturer:Yamaha Corporation
        ManufacturerUrl:http://www.yamaha.com/
        ModelDescription:Network Player
        ModelName:CD-N301
        ModelNumber:N301
        ModelUrl:http://www.yamaha.com/

2. Create a XML profile what match my preferences

xml for dlna in dlna/user/

3. Restart of MB

But I never see any message indicating that my profile has been used.

Only this line 

2015-01-13 20:29:04.4583 Info - Dlna: DLNA Session created for CD-N301 BAD9CD - CD-N301

I tried various changes to the XML file, but it seems that it has been never used.

After the profile XML was in place, the above error that no profile is found and therefore the default is used has never been show again.

Since the friendly name for the DLNA server has been amended to "platinum" buts its still shown as DLNA server named "Media Browser" in the Yamaha selection lists seems to be an evidence that still the default profile is used.

Q:

Is there any change to force DLNA to rediscover the device and apply the correct profile?

Various restarts of Yamaha and MB and additionally a factory resets to the Yamaha has shown no effect.

Thanks & Regards

the logging could be better, and so could our documentation on how to do all this. but in this case, i think it just didn't match the params you entered. make sure to fill in at least one identification criteria and at least one http header match.

Happy2Play

Your DirectPlay section is in the wrong format. 

<DirectPlayProfiles>
    <MusicProfile container="mp4" codec="aac" />
    <MusicProfile container="mp3" codec="mp3" />
    <MusicProfile container="flac" codec="flac" />
    <MusicProfile container="ogg" codec="vorbis" />
    <MusicProfile container="wma" codec="wmav2" />
    <MusicProfile container="wav" codec="flac,pcm" />
  </DirectPlayProfiles>

should be          (you can copy and paste or use the Profile editor.) DLNA-Profiles-Your Profile-Direct Play

<DirectPlayProfiles>
    <DirectPlayProfile container="mp4" audioCodec="aac" videoCodec="" type="Audio" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="mp3" audioCodec="mp3" videoCodec="" type="Audio" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="flac" audioCodec="flac" videoCodec="" type="Audio" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="ogg" audioCodec="vorbis" videoCodec="" type="Audio" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="wma" audioCodec="wmav2" videoCodec="" type="Audio" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="wav" audioCodec="flac,pcm" videoCodec="" type="Audio" />
  </DirectPlayProfiles>

I would think you would see xml errors in you log but I could be wrong if it isn't reading it.

Your device "friendlyname" is blank <FriendlyName />.  Have you tried entering "CD-N301 BAD9CD" in the FriendlyName section of Identification?  (DLNA-Profile-Your Profile-Info-Identification)  or add directly to xml under <Identification>

<FriendlyName >CD-N301 BAD9CD</FriendlyName >

It this doesn't work can you post a log.

• Like 1

klapetste

Hello and thanks for the heads up about the direct play section.

I changed that and gave it a try.

But the profile did not take into account.

However, I found out that for DLNA debug flags, it's also needed to turn system wide debug on. I was not aware about these dependencies.

Now with debug is was very clear that the Yamaha is using three different devices names in the HTTPs header depending where in the Yamaha NP client app you are:

<Headers>
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="NP_CONTROLLER" match="Substring" />
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="WinampMPEG/2.8" match="Equals" />
      <HttpHeaderInfo name="USER-AGENT" value="KnOS/3.2" match="Substring" />
    </Headers>

After adding the new headers everything worked. FLAC files are now directly streaming without any transcoding beforehand.

PS: Here is the working XML for Yamaha CD-N 301 DLNA profile

Thanks & Regards

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Comparing this one to what was posted here.  It probably could be sanitized and possible work with just these HTTP headers for Yamaha Receivers.

<HttpHeaderInfo name="User-Agent" value="WinampMPEG/2.8" match="Equals" />

<HttpHeaderInfo name="USER-AGENT" value="KnOS/3.2" match="Substring" /> </Headers>

But @@Ghostm and @@klapetste would have to test.

Yamaha Receiver.xml

• 1 month later...
ptachu

Hello!

@klapatste did you have a problem with WD My Cloud maybe? My Yamaha cd-n301 does not detect this disk and I dont know what to do. 

Sorry for my english ;)