Feature Request

chessdragon136

Spaceboy

Well you answered your own question, it can't. There's really only one provider for live sport in my country and they require you to use their stb. There are options to get around this and get it into wmc or now Emby but it requires a windows pc.

kallipso

Hi 

It would be great if we can add online tv like ( .m3u8 ) to it. like bottom like 

Edited by CBers
URL removed as looked suspicious.

Spaceboy

No, it worked. It was a streamed version of bbc Middle East, or similar.

Almost certainly illegal though!

Edited by Spaceboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
socalredneck

I'd like to have the Live TV app because I'm trying to reduce my monthly bills.  I don't have cable, I've switched to an OTA, that is connected to an HDHomeRun device, which is then connected to my network.  That way any device connected (wired or wireless) to my network can view whatever my antenna picks up.  I have to use a Roku at each TV and use the MB Roku app to watch live TV.  On my TVs, I use Smart Hub apps for everything but live TV, it would be nice to have it all in one place (no Roku needed).  With the android app, I can watch live TV on my cell phone or tablet anywhere that I've got signal.

Plus, I'm one of the few that has to use a USB flash drive to load the app every time, due to Samsung firmware update.  :-(  That would be really nice to fix.

• 2 weeks later...
Ultroman

Why are you not using the tools menu position slider? 

I am using the position-slider, but it too only works in increments of 30 seconds.

CBers

I am using the position-slider, but it too only works in increments of 30 seconds.

I'd like to see 30-second FF and 10 seconds RW.

Or a prime number each way, such as 31 FF and 7 RW, just to vary it.

FrostByte

FR: First off chess hope everything is okay and you're just enjoying some down time.  Haven't heard from you in awhile.

I like the addition of the Upcoming tv shows and was wondering if you could add the time and studio somewhere maybe around the date aired or anywhere it makes sense.  I think the parameters in the nfo file are airs_time and studio.

In the webclient it displays them under the episode number and title, for example Game of Thrones upcoming show this Sunday.

S5, E7 - The Gift
9:00 PM on HBO        <-- this

Thanks
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

The Settings option is via the Tools button on my TV remote.

Not sure if you have that on your device.

• 3 weeks later...
Xzener

Will the app ever make it to the Samsung app store?? The way of installing is difficult and frustrating.

• Like 2

ginjaninja

Will the app ever make it to the Samsung app store?? The way of installing is difficult and frustrating.

I like the way of installing it...the dev has complete freedom and is not beholdant to samsung...which from other apps they sound like a pita...it seems a small price to pay to do a manual update..that said this is the only app i manually update..so the process is almost as simple.
  • Like 2

Xzener

Because it wont install from the external IP address, this is a HUGE shot at the WAF. Unfortunately, will be using Roku instead. It's a shame, I like the Samsung app UI better. Sigh. :(

FrostByte

I'm not sure it's ready to be released to Samsung yet (still has a few minor bugs), but maybe Chess wouldn't mind if someone took it on to have it published since he might be away for awhile.  Once it is released though need to be ready to support it to a whole bunch of new users too and without the main programmer possibly being available

• 2 weeks later...
stratofarius

Is there a way we can get logging through the username or something? The IP no longer works for me.

CBers

Is there a way we can get logging through the username or something? The IP no longer works for me.

There is no logging available apart from when you're in the app.

@@chessdragon136 hasn't been around for a while, possibly due to ill-health, so until he is able to respond, we'll have to to wait.

• 3 weeks later...
FrostByte

Add transcoding of ATMOS / TrueHD 7.1 audio.  It appears the app is trying to direct play these audio tracks and the TV is throwing up an Error 0 unable to play.

• Like 2

Ultroman

It would be nice to be able to change the sync during playback in intervals of 10ms or so. Especially if the sync-problems are going to take a while to hunt down.

I've been experiencing that the audio in many of my videos is slightly out of sync when playing in the Samsung app. Some more than others. Pressing Return and then Resume, often changes the sync, seemingly at random, so doing it a bunch of times often leads me to an acceptable synchronisation...but not always. These videos are in sync when playing on a PC in VLC or MPC. It may only be 2-4 episodes in an entire season from the same "source".

If it was just one video, I'd just report a playback issue, but it seems to be happening with a lot of different videos.

Edited by Ultroman

shorty1483

@@chessdragon136

1. Is it possible to use the Remote Play/Stop button when playing music?

2. I recognized when playing DTS HD HR and DTS-ES Audio tracks, App says that server is transcoding it? How can I change that? I have connected a A/V system via TV's optical out, which is capable of playing the DTS core. Samsung Audio Menu just gives me DD or DTS:Neo as an option. DTS HD MA works well on Direct Play. (TV: 2014 55H6270). Just asking because Plex always used Direct Play with DTS HD HR and DTS-ES.

Thanks!

Edited by shorty1483

Dear friends,

but we can translate into Russian shell. Maybe I'll help any way I can.

Best Regards

Oleg

Russia

FrostByte

Please add DTS-ES to the list of codecs NOT to transcode which shorty mentioned.  All hardware that can do DTS can also DTS-ES.  Tested from usb with no problems

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Deihmos

High quality images. The images are low quality and a little grainy.

An option to disable backdrops to improve performance.

Edited by Deihmos

FR: it would be great to add the shared session feature that Kodi Emby plugin has. Basically it allows you to login to the app with one user but when you play something you can add users to the session so the same movie will be marked as viewed for all the selected users and not just the user that logged to the app. It's a perfect feature for shared screens like living room TVs.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk