Feature Request

chessdragon136

MrFlux

+1 for Smart Remote support, and + 1 for honouring the group movies into collections in the Movies view.

Dynamic images looks awesome.

• Like 1

FrostByte

FR: OK, so in the dev MBS build, there are now dynamic images (you'll only see that post if you have access to the alpha area) for Views.

Just thought I'd post before lots of people ask for it - it'll be in the next Beta MBS I believe.

An example if you don't have access to that area:.

I found the setting to enable this, but how do you get rid of the title underneath the pic?  Don't really need to see it twice

CBers

I found the setting to enable this, but how do you get rid of the title underneath the pic? Don't really need to see it twice

You mean in the Dashboard?

There is an option under My Preferences/ Web Client called Show Library Tile names.

Uncheck it and they disappear.

No option in the Android app yet to hide the names though.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

FR: honor the user option from webclient to "Group movies into collection" while in the movie view, or add an option in the app.

Done for next release - Server option added to settings as well

• Like 2

chessdragon136

Mock up some designs - how you would like it to work, what to display... and i can look into it somewhere

• Like 1

Mock up some designs - how you would like it to work, what to display... and i can look into it somewhere

Thanks, I'll book myself for it

DaN

FrostByte

Done for next release - Server option added to settings as well

Confirmed working like webclient

I prepared a simple mock-up for cast filmography page:

55105a54213f1_Sample1a.jpg

It consists basically of 4 blocks:

1- Actor Identity (on the left side): Name, Images, and Biography which can be scrolled vertically

2- Movies: displays actor movies (by poster) and movie title, this block scrolls horizontally.

3- Series: displays actor TV shows (by backdrop), this block scrolls horizontally.

4- Others: displays all other related contents, including music videos; mixed contents, etc; by backdrop and title. This block scrolls horizontally.

selected content backdrop is displayed in the background, and may change based on timeout. the shades are for identify the block position, but I like them to be transparent :)

Regards,

DaN

Edited by DaN
  • Like 1

FrostByte

FR: Add the language of default audio track on the info screen of a movie, or add if different from default language.  Having several "foreign to me" movies it would be nice to know what the language of the movie is before playing.  Suggested area for language in red,

5518c198ec710_WP_20150329_003.jpg

• Like 1

Ultroman

I like to fast-forward past tv-show intros, and why wouldn't I :) My problem is, I can't do it with any kind of precision. Right now, it fast-forwards/rewinds 30 seconds at a time, which makes me miss the first part of the show, unless I watch the entire intro every time.

Would it be possible to give us the ability to fast-forward/rewind at an increasing rate? It would be so cool, if we could set a minimum rate and a maximum rate, so that if you just tap fast-forward/rewind it only skips the minimum rate (say, 5 seconds), and the longer you hold down the button, it increases the length of the skips, up to the set maximum rate (like 5-10 minutes).

FR: allow users to login with short PINs instead of long passwords. Typing long passwords with the remote can be painful.

• Like 1

CBers

Why are you not using the tools menu position slider?

It's easier to FF/RW. It's also more normal.

I never used the seekbar on MBC either.

JunkStar

Forum FR: Do a post with a FAQ and tips and tricks. To me it seems like you should have followed the entire development to figure out how to do stuff :)

FrostByte

FR: Raise the number of channels supported by DTS without transcoding. 

I have a some movies (LOTR Trilogy, Reservoir Dogs, etc) which have a lossy DTS-ES track of 6.1 (7) channels and looking at the log the app transcodes them because the total number of channels is > 6.  Looking thru the manuals I see Samsung supports DD+ up to 7.1 (8) channels in streamed files though it didn't specifically say how many channels it supported with DTS in a container.  So I put my Fellowship mkv file on a usb and tested it both my F8000 and HT-6500W and it played great using the built in app Samsung provides.  On 5.1 channel systems a receiver takes the 7th channel in DTS-ES and blends it into the back 2 speakers, thus nothing is lost.

Request the number of channels supported be upped to at least 7 for DTS.  I'm guessing Samsung probably supports 8 channel DTS (like it does DD+), though I don't have any lossy DTS files with 8 channels to test that I know of (wish the report generated by the webclient showed the number of channels within a file).

Or, add "DTS-ES" as a separate supported codec with up to 7 channel support.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte

FR: Add support for codec WMAPRO within a WMA container.  According to the manual for F8000 and HT-F6500W the codec WMAPRO is supported up to 5.1 channels.  When trying to click play on a WMAPRO nothing happens.  The server doesn't even try to transcode the song (though it shouldn't have to) and no information in server's log.  Nothing is shown in the TV's app log either other than navigation information.  Sample of song from pic below uploaded to your drive

5529688f504a1_F8000.jpg

55296984c44fe_Spoonman1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Deihmos

I really don't see the fuss about live tv in any of these apps but I guess everyone needs are different. A lot of these networks have the ability to view content online and the cable companies do too and there are many other solutions.

Why don't you add this app to the Samsung store? I am really impressed at how fast and smooth it is compared to the competition.

Can you add an option to change the date format to USA?

Edited by Deihmos

Spaceboy

You don't watch any sport?

I hope now that android TV has shown a simple but effective presentation for live TV this may be adopted into the Samsung app at some point

Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

You are very lucky then but I'd still prefer OTA, the picture is many times better

Edited by Spaceboy

Deihmos

I usually use wmc for live TV but I barely look at it these days. I mostly use streaming services for sports. Doesn't the TV already have built in functions for OTA with built in guide and everything? I don't see why you would need it in the Samsung app when the TV can already do it.

Edited by Deihmos