Feature Request

chessdragon136

FR: having a quick way to mark a whole season or a whole show as watched would be great. The green button on the remote is fine for movies or single episodes but to mark a full season of a show one by one is tedious.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
fluffykiwi

As per first post by @@chessdragon136

2. Help Page - Make a proper page of it, link in Tools menu and have it page dependant.  My suggestion as its severely needed now!

Can I also request Help page added to Tools menu. I think it would look much nicer than current pop up box.

This could also open up RED button for other usage, perhaps TOOLS. Which would make this easier to access via Smart Remote, and also keep Help easily available from any page via Tools Menu. Also shows off your nice slide effect.

Also placing Tools on RED gives an on screen prompt on how to access the side menu which is also very useful for navigation.

I'm no expert on using this App, but I would be willing to try to write instructions for use within a dedicated help page if it would help.

Edited by fluffykiwi

Spaceboy

Support for live tv please. The full guide isn't necessary but now /next and recorded tv should be pretty simple to add

fluffykiwi

In the music player it would be nice to be able to see a list of any tracks that have been queued, or the results of the auto mix.

Possibly within the Music bar that slides from the bottom?

I would also like to be able to use the play, stop, etc controls within the Music bar, instead of only Now Playing and Screen.

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

paulsalter

Not seen this mentioned, but what would be a very nice new feature (if its possible) is to show on the screen the last played date of a TV Show or Movie

So when browsing the library you can easily see if you have watched something recently

SilentAssassin

The unwatched count displayed on the poster image on the first page of tv shows, like most desktop clients. Done - cmcg

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

FrostByte

FR:  Add Genre back as an option while playing music.  It used to be there prior to v560 and not sure why it was deleted.  Probably just not implemented when the other ways of playing music were broken out into A-Z

• Like 1

Jonathon

When pressing the return button to go back a screen in the app, show the login screen as the final screen before exiting the app.

• Like 1

But only if the user's password is not saved. IE. If you saw the login screen on the way in, you should see it on the way out.

chessdragon136

Thats a horrible idea (Sorry) - Users will constantly log out by mistake after returning back to the home page. I know this as in the original development I had it like this and i nearly threw my remote through the screen, especially as text entry with a remote is painful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

Feature request: add support for people with Evoution Kits.  The information below is relevant to the SEK-2000 which is compatible with most E and F series SmartTVs bringing them up to the H series TVs which is the latest the app currently supports.

Problem: After adding an evolution kit the app still restricts codec support to the origianl model of TV.  One of the benefits of an evo kit is the additional codecs supported in newer models such as H265

Here is the server log and the information the TV with evolution kit is sending to the server.  Notice the SmartTV+2014 which indicates it has an evolution kit because it's 1 year newer version than originally came with the TV.  Before the evo kit it said SmartTV+2013 which is the year F series TVs came out.  With this information the app should be able to use the transcoding section for one of the later model TVs

Ip: 192.168.1.102:45264. Headers: Host=192.168.1.129:8096,User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (SmartHub; SMART-TV; U; Linux/SmartTV+2014; Maple2012) AppleWebKit/537.42+ (KHTML, like Gecko) SmartTV Safari/537.42+,Authorization=MediaBrowser Client="Samsung TV", Device="Samsung UN55F8000", DeviceId="7XCHC5ZTAUQ3Q", Version="v1.0.0f", UserId="",Content-Type=application/json; charset=UTF-8,Accept=*/*,Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate,Connection=Keep-Alive
2015-10-31 13:56:16.1691 Info - HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.102. Time: 16ms. http://192.168.1.129:8096/mediabrowser/System/Info/Public?format=json
2015-10-31 13:56:16.1981 Info - HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.129:8096/mediabrowser/Users/Public?format=json

Music and video codecs supported by SEK-2000 with 2014 SmartTV Hub

563612cb747b7_sekcodecs.jpg

SilentAssassin

Still holding out for trailer support for my movies, especially as it's been said that the code is there.

• Like 2

CBers

I would also like to see trailers re-added.

I prefer function over cosmetics, so trailers over HD.

Or both if possible :)

I'm going to lock and unpin this thread. It's a bit unfocused. Let's have some separate topics shall we?