IBN actors/people

Erik
Go to solution Solved by crashkelly,

Hello,

In the web client, when I bring up the actors (for TV Shows) or people (for movies), I get the default silhouette image...no actual picture. I verified the IBN folder is pointed to correctly (the genre and studio images work perfectly fine). However, the actors/people are not.

I saw a post regarding a new folder structure for "people" but not sure what the new standard is (if someone can outline that too as I couldn't find the referenced blog post they were talking about), or if that's causing the problem as I still have the old structure?

Thanks,

Erik

crashkelly

Hello,

In the web client, when I bring up the actors (for TV Shows) or people (for movies), I get the default silhouette image...no actual picture. I verified the IBN folder is pointed to correctly (the genre and studio images work perfectly fine). However, the actors/people are not.

I saw a post regarding a new folder structure for "people" but not sure what the new standard is (if someone can outline that too as I couldn't find the referenced blog post they were talking about), or if that's causing the problem as I still have the old structure?

Thanks,

Erik

The new structure is discussed by Luke in the developers blog at: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-3-new-server-beta-released-30504922196/

The new structure for People images is intended straight away for new installers, but I decided to jump on board right away so I asked about it here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1594-process-to-move-to-new-people-folder-structure/

Also, if you check the actor who has a silhouette image in your client against their folder in the People IBN structure to make sure they have an image. If they do not, the silhouette is normal, if they do have an image in their folder under the People folder, there might be another issue so I would suggest posting the server log file. It can be found at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs

Cheers

EDIT: This is a good post to read if you do have to post a log file for the developers to look at: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by crashkelly

Ahh, that's the blog...hiding in plain sight...

Ok, so I double checked that there were images in several actor folders, then I noticed that I do have an A,B,C,D... folders present that are all filled with actors names with empty folders. So I moved all the "A" names in and they work...So I will just move them all over the the A,B,C... folders.

However, as a side note, I don't believe the old structure is supported anymore then.

Thanks,

Erik

• Solution
crashkelly

Ahh, that's the blog...hiding in plain sight...

Ok, so I double checked that there were images in several actor folders, then I noticed that I do have an A,B,C,D... folders present that are all filled with actors names with empty folders. So I moved all the "A" names in and they work...So I will just move them all over the the A,B,C... folders.

However, as a side note, I don't believe the old structure is supported anymore then.

Thanks,

Erik

Hey Erik,

Glad to hear you are getting it working :)

It was my understanding that the old structure would still be valid for awhile as users who had installed a version of MB3 prior to the one the included the new structure would not have to update right away, but eventually the new structure would be the one used for all.

In terms of whether or not the old structure is for sure still supported, a dev would have to chine in on that one.

Cheers

• Like 2

No problem, thanks for the help. I'll mark it as solved. Just added the note for the DEVs in case this comes up with others.

• Like 1

crashkelly

No problem, thanks for the help. I'll mark it as solved. Just added the note for the DEVs in case this comes up with others.

Glad I could assist

Cheers

Just a note the old way still works,but when you re-install or on a new install it will switch everything over to the new structure.